1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PierpontLeather, May 25, 2016.

1. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

The different leather options I think that were previously on your website are no longer there or accessible? Could you post the chevre chagrin options here? Thank you

1 person likes this.
  2. PierpontLeather

PierpontLeather Well-Known Member

Currently updating the website to reflect our current line-up. It should be updated within a week or so. I have a current swatch catalogue that I can email to you. Shoot me an email at info@pierpontleather.com and I'll get it right over to you.

It's too large to share in a DM here.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

4. PierpontLeather

Recent Deep Navy Nilo Long Wallet - More pics on the way!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  5. PierpontLeather

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16 card slots on this one.

2 people like this.
  6. coldinboston

coldinboston Well-Known Member

Very nice. Thats a lot of cards!

1 person likes this.
  7. aleksandr

aleksandr Well-Known Member

Do. Want. How much does this cost? What if it were done in non-exotic leather?

2 people like this.
  8. PierpontLeather

This particular model was around $1100. Non-exotic is much more reasonable - it all depends on the leather used. Shoot me an email: info@pierpontleather.com.

Edit: should note that this was domestic. International orders for exotics will be more, as they necessitate CITES paperwork.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. PierpontLeather

Hello everyone! I hope you all have enjoyed a wonderful holiday season! I know I'm posing this on a Friday afternoon, and it's going to float under the radar, but I wanted to share some exciting news.

We're back, and looking forward to 2017, and some of the fun new projects it's sure to bring.

I have to say that I've found myself completely itching to make a greater quantity of items, and reach more people through this community. Obviously, it's often difficult to get a custom-order item. Furthermore, I think that there are a lot of people that wish to be able to purchase and own a very well-crafted item without waiting 2 weeks to a month just for their item to ship. One of the reasons I've neglected to offer standard colors and combinations is because it seems to take away the novelty of a custom-order item, and I'm not ready to do that with Pierpont Leather. I don't think I'll be ready to offer 'standard colors' in only 3 types of leather for a while (if ever). It seems like a waste of having a community that shares my endless fascination of different leathers, textures, colors, and designs.

Limited-edition collections are something I've considered recently, and become somewhat excited about. So, naturally, I decided to do that, without thinking about it too much. I wanted to continue making things exclusively fully-lined, and carry on the nature of excellence. I decided to debut a couple of new models as well that I'm really excited about (and know that you'll be excited about too.)

I started Grizzly the day after I finished my last Christmas order, from two of my favorite leathers - Dark Brown Buttero, and Gris Vachetta - a smooth, highly textured version of the Pebbled Vachetta I've previously shown you. It's exactly the same tannage, and will age and wear identically to the pebbled version - (very quickly.) It's the most unique leather I've ever worked with.

I'll continue to talk about this collection over the next few days, but I have to share a few pictures:

The Grizzly Collection: Now available.

Gris Vachetta, Dark Brown Buttero. Traditionally hand stitched with linen thread, with dyed, waxed, and burnished edges to compliment the natural character of these rich vegetable tanned leathers.

Items ship next business day. Complimentary 2-3 day priority shipping for domestic orders. Int'l shipping starts at $10.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. PierpontLeather

Currently available products:

I'm going to give a quick run down of some new models I've introduced, and why I've developed them - as well as going through some of the other models available!

1. Grizzly Minifold:

For those who want something similar to the minimalist cardholders - but that needs a place to hold bills properly.

[​IMG]

More concise goals for the design:

*Thin profile

*Easy to use place to keep cash, unfolded

*Same thinness of cardholders

[​IMG]

How it would be done:

To surpass all of the boundaries, I've created this design with a fold in the bottom - allowing for easy access to cash in the area behind the cardslots, which are cut in a single piece of leather, to eliminate the layering needed for standalone pockets.

[​IMG]

Special preparation was taken on the edges and fold areas of the leather to eliminate as much thickness as possible, and reduce bulging at the bottom edge of the design.

The result:

[​IMG]

Pictured with 8 cards (4 each side), and 7 bills.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A uniquely PL design with more than enough room to store 8-10 cards, and up to ten bills.

Furthermore, it's completely hand stitched and crafted from the finest vachetta leather available, as is the Rest of the Grizzly Collection.

1 person likes this.
  11. PierpontLeather

2. Grizzly Wafer

For the ultra minimalist. A card wallet for the rare occasion where you only need to carry a few cards - designed to push the limits of how thin fully lined construction can be.

[​IMG]

It's purpose:

*To be close to invisible in the pocket, for special occasions where you still need a payment card and an I.D., but any extraneous bulk is unacceptable.

*Keep the bulkiest area's total thickness below 3mm (less than half as thick as an iPhone 6)

*Alllow storage to be split between 3 pockets, for easy organization and access to a few cards.

*Completely constructed in leather

Challenges:

Thinness, in and of itself, is a massive challenge in fine construction of leather goods. Because of the 100% leather construction in this wallet, there can't be any silk, plastic, or other linings used that would typically help keep things thin throughout the wallet.

For something to truly feel thinner in the pocket, it's just not enough to 'thin out the edges.' There needs to be a significant reduction in the 'weight' of the leather used. It must be carefully thinned and sealed to it's lining, so as to form a single panel.

[​IMG]

The result:

[​IMG]

Pictured with standard-sized headphones for reference

[​IMG]

Next to the simple cardholder (which is already the thinnest available in it's class, by a wide margin.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A uniquely PL design for a lightweight carry. Designed to stay out of the way. To make a few important cards available to you. The exemplar of detailed construction.

Furthermore, it's completely hand stitched and crafted from the finest vachetta leather available, as is the Rest of the Grizzly Collection.

12. PierpontLeather

13. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Love the design of the Minifold wallet! Looks like the perfect compromise between a minimal card holder and wallet. Might actually end up having a thinner profile then a card holder would when storing cash since you don't have to fold your bills over a couple times to get them to fit.

14. PierpontLeather

I'm glad you like it - and you're correct regarding the thinness.

The only ways to make wallets thinner are to:

• Thin the material / use less material
    • arrange the construction to allow the contents to fit flat with no extraneous space

The latter one is the real finicky one - leather can only go so thin before it's a bit less durable than one might expect in a nice wallet.

Here are a few pics of my personal version. A nice little 2 week burnish is starting to show on the exterior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. PierpontLeather

Working on a long wallet with a nice zipper compartment - brown lizard on beige Mysore.

[​IMG]

16. skenney

skenney Well-Known Member

How durable would you say lizard is?

17. PierpontLeather

It holds up well, but it's important to keep it conditioned. It has a greater tendency to dry out compared to other reptile skins.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  18. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Well-Known Member

19. PierpontLeather

Happy to help. Saphir Reptan is the best, no question. It was developed for use on Alligator and Croc handbags, but it works well for anything similar, including lizard. A little bit goes a long way.

You can work the creme into croc skins with a cloth around your index finger, massaging the creme into the tiles individually.

Lizard requires a bit lighter touch, and less product on the applicator. You want to leave a 'tint' of wax on the skin rather than a heavy layer that needs heavy buffing. In my experience, it's better to re-apply several times than to let the skin get damp with product.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  20. alansee89

alansee89 Member

really like the design for the Grizzly Minifold
    However, I think the size is based on the USD bill (which is relatively small compare to other currency)
    Are you able to do a little change to fit the currency of my country?