1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of VELOUR odd-jackets

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rcoreytaylor, Dec 10, 2012.

1. rcoreytaylor

rcoreytaylor Well-Known Member

So, long story short: my wife and I traveled to Toronto this past week to attend my company's annual Christmas party. It's a formal affair and as such I'd packed appropriately - MTM suit, cap toe oxfords, french cuffs, etc. - the unfortunate part was that the airline lost my luggage and so I had to scramble to assemble an appropriate outfit on a limited budget. Now I really don't want anyone's opinion as to what I "should have done" because quite frankly I've already "done", what I would appreciate however are any photo examples of velour odd-jackets in action. Yes, that's what I ended up with; a nice-fitting, single-button, notched-lapel black velour odd-jacket, worn with grayish pants, white shirt, silver tie and deep deep burgundy [almost black] shoes...and it looked good. However now I'm left with a velour jacket that I'd like to get some use out of, and am turning to the fine folk of SF to lend a hand.

So who's going to start..........?

Cheers! :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. rcoreytaylor

Did they make that Velour jacket expressly for me? Am I the only guy that's ever been foolish enough to buy one?

Seriously, someone must have some pics they'd like to share. Anyone?

3. Gdot

Gdot Well-Known Member

No pics but velour jackets look great with plaid trousers.

4. Superfluous

Superfluous Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  5. rcoreytaylor

That's a good thread - thanks - I also now realize that I've been calling it a velour jacket when it is velvet ( doh! )