• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

Nathan84

Reaction score
Just received today Nappa Cashmere-Lined Gloves (Ralph Lauren).
They are VERY soft and lightweight... Like them...

markmont

Reaction score
In addition to that, I do have a question. Do you guys know if the aging characteristics very from certain years of production with Hermes pecari gloves? At one point I had a 2010 or 2011 pair that was unlined that began aging towards a nice redish color. With these ones, I got them slightly used on the aging is a bit less saturated. I'm not sure if it's because they are just older or because of the actual leather from that year. Any thoughts welcomed.

Moderator's note: No commercial posts outside of the Marketplace.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOW, those mazzoleni gloves are REALLY nice, have never seen those before!

apologies if already posted, but the selection of gloves at Leffot look great

http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/accessories/gloves.html?___SID=U

actually, anyone have some suggestions for gloves to pair with this coat? it's just a solid blue, and sort of a red lining. seems the gloves I found at zegna outlet have disappeared, looking for a new pair in NYC in December. Judging by the pic from the ad, I guess I should have the coat tailored a bit during that trip as well

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
WOW, those mazzoleni gloves are REALLY nice, have never seen those before!

apologies if already posted, but the selection of gloves at Leffot look great

http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/accessories/gloves.html?___SID=U

actually, anyone have some suggestions for gloves to pair with this coat? it's just a solid blue, and sort of a red lining. seems the gloves I found at zegna outlet have disappeared, looking for a new pair in NYC in December. Judging by the pic from the ad, I guess I should have the coat tailored a bit during that trip as well

I am in love with those green gloves. I think these would go nicely with a blue coat.. They are bordeaux and have a purple-ish tinge to them. Lined with grey cashmere.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

davesmith, how does Merola compare to Dents?

I was a stockist last year of Dents and changed to Merola for the following reasons:

- The cashmere lining came loose.
- I found they fit in the hand but the fingers were too long, if that makes sense!
- The thumb was too far away from the hand and the leather crumpled. Again, if that makes sense!

I was considering the other company that is a few booths away from Merola, I have forgotten the name, but they didn't seem the slightest bit interested in doing business so I went with Merola, who I might add are really awesome to deal with!

deepitm

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe not the most appropriate season to post but I got these leather gloves from my mother-in-law last year for my birthday and I really like them. They are getting a nice patina.

http://store.gaspargloves.com/catalog/product/59155856a72746c0a2b7e6dc5c9ac335

They are the same gloves Ryan Gosling wore in the movie Drive. That may be lame to some people. Personally I think it is kinda cool.

Here they are in action. Forgive the photo quality (as you can see I was driving briskly):

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Tincati - dark brown carpincho:

Nathan84

Reaction score
Unlined Dents gloves. In real life they are a bit darker than on Dents' website. Astonishingly soft leather. Made in England.

Last edited:

Rankiz

Reaction score
I am really looking for some decent priced gloves maker. Chester Jefferies is imo a little to expensive, Madova have the right price (50€ each), but they lack selection. Many italian gloves makers fit the bill, but sadly 95% does not have a online show. Any tips?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads