1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pics of what I wore today 8/31/06

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Soph, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

I feel like ed's jacket should be spun around a stick and eaten... sorry, had to.

Soph: I wasn't here a year ago, but I can safely say I'd hit that.

2. Wade M

Wade M Well-Known Member

If anyone wants RM's I'm happy to go shopping and shipping......Not sure if I'd be doing anyone a favour or not, however (not sure what the value's like getting them online). [PM if interested].

Both suits look great on both of you. Stunning statements! You are both testaments to this forum and it's kind nature of people.

--Wade

3. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

Thanks, Wade. Since you're on-site, as it were, have you seen/worn kangaroo-leather shoes/boots in person? I'm wondering how they compare in terms of thickness, suppleness, finish, etc. I confess I really would have no idea what to expect from kangaroo leather.

TIA,
    grim

4. Wade M

Wade M Well-Known Member

Hey Grim,

Unfortunatley I'm not the man to answer those questions for you. I do not own anything made from Kangaroo leather. I'm happy to do some recon for you guys on anything if it'd help (inc photos). I would _imagine_ that 'roo leather would be a bit softer/supple then traditional leather....

--Wade

5. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

The first look would be very sharp if not for the rumpled sleeves and pants. The tie is too sharp for work, though. It's the kind of tie stars wear on the red carpet. A darker tie would be better.

The second look is very well done. Judging by the color - other details are blurred out - the shoes might be too formal.

6. ginghaman

ginghaman Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  7. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

love the fit of the pants

Why necromance this thread today?

8. gazman70k

gazman70k Well-Known Member

Beijing | Hong Kong | Manila | Shanghai | Singapor
    Why necromance this thread today?

Singaporean educating himself by doing historical research.