• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pics of what I wore today 8/31/06

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Too true...especially when most of the people in my dept don't wear a suit too work even...(too warm over here)...can't wait for autumn.
no difference just as warm!
musicboohoo[1].gif

but i like your look perhaps a bit more supression in the waist and the tweaking in the pants but overall looks good chap! also i am gland you did try to match you shoe and breifcase!

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have very nice taste Soph.

The amount of cuff showing is absolutely perfect. The shoes and breifcase are really stylish too!

I think your overall look would look 100 times (ok...10 times) better if you went MTM or bespoke though. The size of the suit seems to fit, but the pants and jacket have a lot of small areas that are not quite right on your body. Of course, I am not saying it looks bad at all!

Oh and 1 more thing...since you like Neapolitan style...how about some cuffs on the pants? I think wide cuffs on the pants will bring out the silouette on the pants and show off your shoes much better.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
but the pants are not quite right on your body. Of course, I am not saying it looks bad at all!

wow.gif

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Great outfit. Talk to me about the boots. How is the fit. I want to buy a pair but the one's I've seen say they are G fit. Are they wide?

I use an insole to make them fit a bit more snug, which I like my boots to fit.
9 1/2 G fit like an 11 D US imo.
They are great business causal boots also.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
You have very nice taste Soph.

The amount of cuff showing is absolutely perfect. The shoes and breifcase are really stylish too!

I think your overall look would look 100 times (ok...10 times) better if you went MTM or bespoke though. The size of the suit seems to fit, but the pants and jacket have a lot of small areas that are not quite right on your body. Of course, I am not saying it looks bad at all!

Oh and 1 more thing...since you like Neapolitan style...how about some cuffs on the pants? I think wide cuffs on the pants will bring out the silouette on the pants and show off your shoes much better.

-- Interesting question. I orignally did cuffs at 1.75 inches, but I've found I much prefer the line of no cuff with this type of look although I do have cuffs on some of my suits. Despite Tomasso's obbession with the narrow
wow.gif
lol than standard US. I think the Neapolitan's have it right with their overall look. Yes, this is not authentic neapolitan bespoke no padding etc. etc. but I don't want that look for business entirely. Although it is excellent casually imo. But I
inlove.gif
narrow pants, and I love to shoe off an entire shoe, why hide such a passion as excellent shoes. Bespoke would be great! But a Ceasare Attolini bespoke is not in my budget nor is it necessary for my career. Most people dress horridly in the medical field. Thanks for your input.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
I use an insole to make them fit a bit more snug, which I like my boots to fit.
9 1/2 G fit like an 11 D US imo.
They are great business causal boots also.

9 1/2 like an 11
wow.gif
I gues I'll take my chances with a size 9 and see what happens. Thanks

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9 1/2 like an 11
wow.gif
I gues I'll take my chances with a size 9 and see what happens. Thanks

Yes, I would say with out the orthpedic insole a 9 1/2 g fits like a 10 1/2 D US

summej2

Reaction score
Great outfit. Talk to me about the boots. How is the fit. I want to buy a pair but the one's I've seen say they are G fit. Are they wide?

They aren't quite the EEE one would expect due to the toe shape. I'd say more of a E to EE. The H fitting is probably a true EEE. Great boots though.

Soph: Great suit, that's my pants fit of choice too. Maybe a bit more contrast in the tie would be nice, however?

summej2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Yes, I would say with out the orthpedic insole a 9 1/2 g fits like a 10 1/2 D US

Yes, my 6G fits something like a 7, but a bit wider than a D, more like an E.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for spearheading this RM Williams fact-finding mission, Edmorel

Soph- What's the name of the RM Ws you are wearing in this photo?
you look mighty snazzy by the way.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
Thanks for spearheading this RM Williams fact-finding mission, Edmorel

Soph- What's the name of the RM Ws you are wearing in this photo?
you look mighty snazzy by the way.

Thanks,

I'm wearing the dark brown of these:
B540 French Veal Calf Craftsman AUD $359 US $274
Our Top of the Line Dress boot.
Luxury French veal calf leather, leather lined.
Sewn welt leather soles with flat heels.
Chisel square toes.
Individual protective moleskin boot bag for each boot
Chestnut (dark brown) and Black
Sizes: 6-12 (US7-13) Medium & Wide

Rollo Tomasi

Reaction score
Great look. The arms and shoulders don't drape as well as I would prefer personally, but that can probably be attested to your muscular physique and the cut of the suit. The boots also throw the symmetry a little out of proportion. That's just a matter of preference. But, you obviously have good taste in clothes and know the look you want to achieve.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I too have been eyeing the Craftsman, but I'm uncertain what size to order. I often wear a 9, but AE's 9, in both the Colton and Park Ave., is a bit too narrow in the toebox. Length is fine and width is fine elsewhere. This has me stuck, as I don't want to order boots that are too tight, but loose Chelseas sound like trouble. Thoughts on what I should go with?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads