1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pics of Tyrwhitt shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Alexander Scriabin, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Alexander Scriabin

Alexander Scriabin Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am thinking of cashing in on some mid-range shoes at the moment.

The CT sale is making me interested in their re-branded Loake 1880 (calf) line. Before I buy though, I'd love to see some 'home made' pics of the shoes that give a better Idea of what they actually look like. I'd especially like to get a better idead of the toe shape as well as what they look like from the other (in)side.

Basically, the black captoe, the cherry wholecuts and the brown semi-brouge are the ones I am looking for.

Can anybody help me?

Regards,
    Alexander Scriabin

2. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am thinking of cashing in on some mid-range shoes at the moment.

The CT sale is making me interested in their re-branded Loake 1880 (calf) line. Before I buy though, I'd love to see some 'home made' pics of the shoes that give a better Idea of what they actually look like. I'd especially like to get a better idead of the toe shape as well as what they look like from the other (in)side.

Basically, the black captoe, the cherry wholecuts and the brown semi-brouge are the ones I am looking for.

Can anybody help me?

Regards,
    Alexander Scriabin

The cherry wholecut is a new shoe. I doubt anyone of us owns it yet. However, a few people mentioned getting them (me included [​IMG] ) so maybe soon.
    As for the others, check the CT sales thread (the large one). There maybe some images there.

Cheers,
    Stelios

3. odoreater

odoreater Well-Known Member

I have some pics of last season's CT shoes (Loake made) if that helps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

I have some pics of last season's CT shoes (Loake made) if that helps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You know, you shouldn't really wear bals with a tracksuit. [​IMG]

5. skalogre

For the record, I restrained myself from commenting on Odoreater's colour and material choice this time round [​IMG]

6. odoreater

It's the rage in Europe... [​IMG]

7. skalogre

Pffft! Bloody eurotrash [​IMG]

8. grimslade

Odoreater, how do you feel about the construction quality of the chelsea boots? Have you gotten much use out of them, and have they held up?

9. odoreater

Odoreater, how do you feel about the construction quality of the chelsea boots? Have you gotten much use out of them, and have they held up?

Just by looking at them they appear to be well constructed. But, since it's summer and it's been really hot out I have only worn them once, so I can't really say how well they stand up to wear. I plan on giving them a thorough testing when it gets a little colder out.

10. new obsession

new obsession Well-Known Member

I own the chelseas in black and brown. I wore the brown ones pretty much every time I wore jeans over the winter. They have held up nicely, but I would not wear them with more formal clothes. I tend not to polish them as often as I polish other shoes, and they have developed a look that is more like a cowboy boot than a dress shoe. I really like it. But if I wanted to wear them with anything else I might not be so fond. I will see if I can get a pic up for you.

The blackones I do not like, and rarely wear, the leather seems cheap and does not hold a polish well. They seem very plasticy.... Possibly a result of corrected grain leather.

11. JR_Rider

JR_Rider Well-Known Member

I'll have some pictures of the wholecuts in black within a week.

12. grimslade

I own the chelseas in black and brown. I wore the brown ones pretty much every time I wore jeans over the winter. They have held up nicely, but I would not wear them with more formal clothes. I tend not to polish them as often as I polish other shoes, and they have developed a look that is more like a cowboy boot than a dress shoe. I really like it. But if I wanted to wear them with anything else I might not be so fond. I will see if I can get a pic up for you.

The blackones I do not like, and rarely wear, the leather seems cheap and does not hold a polish well. They seem very plasticy.... Possibly a result of corrected grain leather.

Thanks, NO. I'd be curious to see them.

13. JR_Rider

Wholecuts are in. I will have pictures soon.

14. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Well-Known Member

Wholecuts are in. I will have pictures soon.

I, for one, am eagerly awaiting these pix.

15. JR_Rider

You ask and you shall receive. Here are the pictures of the "Charles Tyrwhitt Whole Cut Leather Brogue Shoes'" freshly polished and ready for action. I apologize for taking so long to get the pictures up, my sister took both digital cameras with her to school. Good thing she goes to UNC Chapel Hill, which is only 15 minutes from my house. On another note, I must say that I feel that the "subtle detailing" is rather large, as it takes up a great portion of the front part of the shoe. It looks rather nice when you actually figure out what the shape is. Since it's subtle, I don't mind, and at $200 shipped, these shoes were a steal. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And here they are "ready to hit the streets" both literally and figuratively: [​IMG]

16. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

How do they fit? Do they run very large, like the last batch?

17. JR_Rider

They are cut extra large, just like the old batch. I ordered last season's penny loafers in a size 10, and they were entirely too big, but by the time I got my credit, they were sold out, plus I didn't really like them that much in person. I would say go down a whole size from your normal casual shoe size, and a half size from your normal dress shoe size. I usually get my dress shoes in a size 10, but these are 9.5.