1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

PF Flyers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by lemmywinks, Dec 22, 2009.

1. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Well-Known Member

I wanted a pair of black canvas sneakers so I went to the Converse store and I found out that the Jack Purcells were sold out in all of my sizes. I saw a store with PF Flyers and I bought the Center Lo.

Best sneaker purchase ever. I remember when I was wearing Chucks and I put on a pair of Jack Purcells I thought it was heaven because JPs were a lot more comfortable than regular chucks. When I put the PF Flyers on it was the same feeling all over again.

I have never bought the same pair of shoes twice but I think I have found that shoe that I will buy over and over again.

I just wanted to spread my love for PF Flyers. If you're looking for sneakers that look nice but aren't the ones that the whole world has... PF FLYERS

Stop judging me SF.

2. Dentata

Dentata Well-Known Member

Try the Cousy's. More comfortable and a helluva lot better looking than the Center Lo.

3. pistolero

pistolero Well-Known Member

I just wanted to spread my love for PF Flyers. If you're looking for sneakers that look nice but aren't the ones that the whole world has... PF FLYERS

Stop judging me SF.

+1

I've been wearing various PF Flyers center-hi's for 4 or 5 years now and love 'em. I've found the leather ones to be more comfortable than canvas. And MUCH more comfortable than Chucks.

[​IMG]

4. TheFusilliJerry

TheFusilliJerry Well-Known Member

5. gwydion

gwydion Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I want a pair of those....Just to remember my childhood days watching Sandlot and The Mighty Ducks when I couldn't play outside, haha.

6. bimmernate

bimmernate Well-Known Member

I got a pair of the Sandlots, one of my favorite shoes I own. Plus I can run faster and jump higher than everyone else.

7. XeF4

XeF4 Well-Known Member

I'd rather get chucks.

8. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

ive wanted some bob cousy pf flyers for a while now and just bought some off 6pm for 24 bucks.

that's cheaper than any converse and from what ive read PF flyers are made with some quality unlike the recent pairs of converse Ive gone through.

9. Helix

Helix Well-Known Member

I gotta get me some sandlots...

10. pistolero

pistolero Well-Known Member

11. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

at first i didnt like the ribbing on the center his... now i like it a lot.

12. airportlobby

airportlobby Well-Known Member

The charms of these things are totally lost on me. How are they less ugly than chucks or pro-keds?

13. mrbojangles928

mrbojangles928 Active Member

White center-hi's FTW. Much more comfortable than chucks, although it took a couple weeks of wear for them to stop making a farting noise when walking.

14. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Well-Known Member

do these run about the same size as chucks or what?

15. mrbojangles928

mrbojangles928 Active Member

I had to go one size up from chucks. I am a 12 in those and initially bought a 12 in the PF's but had to send them back for the 13, which fits great. You might be able to go a half size up, but I don't think they make a 12.5 so I didn't have that option

16. splattered

splattered Well-Known Member

I got a few pair of bob cousys on zappos after seeing them on gilt, because returns are easier with Zap. I kept them. Look good but still a bit uncomfortable. When the shoes shipped to me the front lace was over instead of under, and for some reason it made the canvas bunch funny where the tongue met the shoe and it was bugging the hell out of my feet. Re-lacing them fixed that and now they're much more comfortable. Thanks for the heads up on the 6pm sale! Damn good prices, wow...

17. underwearer

underwearer Well-Known Member

Could you confirm the sizing? I wear 8s in chucks and 9.5 in Jack Purcells (my actuall brannock measurement is 9D).

Thanks!

I got a few pair of bob cousys on zappos after seeing them on gilt, because returns are easier with Zap. I kept them. Look good but still a bit uncomfortable. When the shoes shipped to me the front lace was over instead of under, and for some reason it made the canvas bunch funny where the tongue met the shoe and it was bugging the hell out of my feet. Re-lacing them fixed that and now they're much more comfortable. Thanks for the heads up on the 6pm sale! Damn good prices, wow...

18. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Well-Known Member

8 in chucks and 9.5 in Purcells? weird.

I would size up half from my Purcell size but going Purcell size is cool too.

At first I hated the ribbing but you have to see it in person before you actually judge it.

Man I have never loved a pair of sneakers more. I loved my JP but this is like a whole 'nother level.

19. ysb

ysb Well-Known Member

I know fit/comfort are subjective, but could someone that owns both PF Flyers and Springcourts please comment on the quality for both brands? Thanks! I own Springcourts but like some of the PF flyer designs as well and am considering a pair, or maybe should just get another pair of the spring courts.