1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pet hates

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rmanoj, Mar 23, 2011.

1. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Well-Known Member

Hipsters.

Hipsters hipsters hipsters.

I hate hipsters.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

CBD
    [​IMG]

3. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Well-Known Member

hmm few more..
    i'm sadly enjoying this thread..
    - diver watches or any technical watch with dress clothes, a bespoke suit needs a dress watch on leather
    - totally agree with suits and boots..unless you have some kind of texan oil money thing going on
    - those oakley sunglasses men around 30-50ish have had for many years, are sporty, and seem to be worn with everything - look horrible
    - cheap unbrellas with otherwise decent dress clothing
    - tight fitting t-shirts trying to show off muscles - always look horrible
    - the wrong type of shirt with casual or dress attire (eg spread collar and french cuffs with jeans)
    - stripey dress shirts and jeans with black shoes (typical "clubbing" outfit in many suburbs or small cities of hte world) - best avoid those types of places
    - overly calculated coordinating..matchy matchy shirt/pocket square/tie/etc ...looks contrived
    - "tv" ps fold
    - superdry
    - logos on ties..gucci, burberry etc

could go on forever really

4. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

hmm few more.. i'm sadly enjoying this thread.. - diver watches or any technical watch with dress clothes, a bespoke suit needs a dress watch on leather - totally agree with suits and boots..unless you have some kind of texan oil money thing going on - those oakley sunglasses men around 30-50ish have had for many years, are sporty, and seem to be worn with everything - look horrible - cheap unbrellas with otherwise decent dress clothing - tight fitting t-shirts trying to show off muscles - always look horrible - the wrong type of shirt with casual or dress attire (eg spread collar and french cuffs with jeans) - stripey dress shirts and jeans with black shoes (typical "clubbing" outfit in many suburbs or small cities of hte world) - best avoid those types of places - overly calculated coordinating..matchy matchy shirt/pocket square/tie/etc ...looks contrived - "tv" ps fold - superdry - logos on ties..gucci, burberry etc could go on forever really
    I do matchy matchy sometimes, not because it matches per se but because the items were purchased separately without thinking of another item and when I got ready to wear stuff it just worked. Eg: I never buy a shirt with a tie to match.

5. Artking3

Artking3 Well-Known Member

Silly threads like this which have no useful purpose whatever.

+1

6. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Well-Known Member

Every time these type of threads appear, I think we MC 'ers can come off as bit peevish. But I know no one is like this in the real life [​IMG]

I don't mind wearing spread collars without ties. I think I am getting used to it, though due to forced circumstances. I don't want to spend on new shirts with a button down collar or regular when I have good spring ready shirts with a spread collar.

7. TimH

TimH Well-Known Member

Range Rovers (Chelsea tractors)
    Superdry - overdone too soon and too quickly now too common to be seen in here in the UK - big shame as they made some good lookng nice quality kit - once.

8. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Range Rovers (Chelsea tractors)
    Superdry - overdone too soon and too quickly now too common to be seen in here in the UK - big shame as they made some good lookng nice quality kit - once.

Range rovers....

All these twa.s in London driving these massive Range Rovers....AHHHHHHH