1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pearls

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Concordia, Jan 20, 2005.

1. West24

West24 Well-Known Member

A dream set of cufflinks of mine:

[​IMG]

do you really want those? because i also did jewellery and those wouldnt be hard to make at all.

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

I keep a standing open invitation at Death & Co. for a punch bowl with any SF'er.
    I like Death & Co. a lot, especially the many tequila and mezcal based cocktails -- seems to be their specialty. I might take you up on that offer next time I'm in town.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

4. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

5. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

as anyone seen pearl cuff links? I would imagine them to be a very simple double-sided design. I wonder if my jeweler can up with something. Would you wear something like that?

Perhaps dopey's wife doesn't want pearls, but I'd wear pearl cufflinks. I'd save them for special situations (i.e. not for office-wear). AlanC, those are rather plain, but nice!

6. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

I don't know where the former or what the latter is.

Neither do I, but I'll go if you go.

7. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

Drinks with Socal and manton. That is better than escaping from Guantanamo Bay. Sure.

8. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Drinks with Socal and manton. That is better than escaping from Guantanamo Bay. Sure.
    I would have to fly out to NYC to watch this. It would make for an excellent movie script, I'm sure.

9. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

He is from my little corner of the world. That makes us brothers. Or something. Sons of the Same Soil.

10. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

He is from my little corner of the world. That makes us brothers. Or something. Sons of the Same Soil.

So what has taken you so long?

11. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

Now he's Carmel and grew up in Santa Cruz and I'm Santa Cruz and grew up in Carmel.

But, I was thinking for being a "conservative, married, Republican" as he identified himself to me Manton is perhaps more Santa Cruz than he thinks. What he has become is the opposite of the typical modus operandi where he came from and in doing so lived up to that counter culture expecation.

12. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

do you really want those? because i also did jewellery and those wouldnt be hard to make at all.
    I would like them, but now's not a good time. What price range would I be looking at?

AlanC, those are rather plain, but nice!

I prefer to think of them as elegant. [​IMG]

13. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

I would like them, but now's not a good time. What price range would I be looking at?

I can go with "elegant".[​IMG]

14. West24

West24 Well-Known Member

matters,do you want them in white gold, 14k,18k? silver? qualityof pearls etc.

15. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

Sorry, been away. Sterling is fine by me, black pearls of decent quality. I'm mainly interested in the look plus solid construction.

16. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member