1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Peal & Company Brooks Brothers Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Artisan Fan, Aug 31, 2009.

1. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

2. viator

viator Well-Known Member

I have a pair of these monk straps. It looks like they are made by C&J. Since they're Peal-branded, does anyone know if I can send them to C&J for re-soling/recrafting, or is it better to send them to B. Nelson?

3. Andy57

Andy57 Well-Known Member

I just pulled the trigger on these Jodhpur boots by Peal & Co for Brooks Brothers in their current 25% off promotion. They look identical to C&J's "Conniston" boot, which I tried on during a trip to London last spring.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-...ar_MH00363_Color=LTBR&contentpos=46&cgid=0522

Can anyone confirm that these boots are one and the same? Also, in the C&J store, I preferred the fit of an 8 1/5 F boot, which I think translates to a 9 1/2 E shoes in the US sizes. Brooks doesn't offer E widths, so I just went with my usual size of a 9 1/2 D. Anyone care to comment on the fit? Am I going to find the 9 1/2 D too snug?

4. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

They are Alfred Sargent on 87 last.

5. Andy57

Andy57 Well-Known Member

Cool. What are the ways to tell that? And a different last than Sargent's own "Alex" model, apparently built on their 724 last?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  6. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

I saw the last number written inside, 87 is as last.

7. Andy57

Andy57 Well-Known Member

Ah, so you've seen these boots in person?

8. suited

suited Well-Known Member

For anyone interested in sizing, I tried on a handful of these and they all ran a 1/2 size smaller than Allen Edmonds.

9. Bleedblue

Bleedblue Well-Known Member

Anyone know anything about this particular Peal model? It looks identical to the Courtenay by C&J, which is hand-grade. Any info on last or quality would be much appreciated.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.[​IMG]-Perforated-Captoes/274H,default,pd.html?dwvar_274H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=6&cgid=0522&cmp=AFC_CJ_VigLink_Brooks+Brothers+Product+Catalog&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=cj&utm_campaign=6152490&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.6152490

10. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Well-Known Member

C&J 240 last with channelled soles, fits TTS.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  11. Bleedblue

Bleedblue Well-Known Member

Well, I'm an idiot. Posted the wrong link; and apologies, as you and others have answered the question for the link I mistakenly posted quite a few times.

THIS shoe, on the other hand, does appear to be the Courtenay, so any with info (especially if it's on the 363 last) - would be much appreciated.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-...l?dwvar_MH00447_Color=BRWN&contentpos=6&cgid=

12. GoIrish

GoIrish Well-Known Member

@Bleedblue
    They were out of 9D, so I ordered an 8 1/2 D and a 9 1/2 D hoping one would fit. I'm a 8E in the C&J Connuaght and a 9D in most AE's.

Anyway, no such luck. They fit true to size and the 8 1/2 was too small and the 9 1/2 a bit too large so I'll be returning them. I figured it was worth a shot at around $400 w the semi annual sale discounts.

The shoes are beautiful. Much sleeker than the Connaught or any of my AE's. Appear to be the Courtennay or damn close.

LMK if you have any other questions about them.

13. Sym

Sym Well-Known Member

14. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Well-Known Member

C&J. Dainite for current makeup. It used to be leather.
    Always wanted this boot but having a hard time finding a 7D. Finally had the opportunity to try one today at a local store. Sadly, it is .5 too big. Now I can rest and let it go since 7D is the smallest they go. Whoever that lucky bastard (Neil ? ) :) who waited and snag the pair, I say enjoy as it is a beautiful pair of shell boots.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  15. Patrick R

Patrick R Well-Known Member

Definitely C&J. They were originally Dainite soles, then they had a run of leather soles, and now back to Dainite. I had a pair of leather soles that I tried and returned and currently am wearing the heck out of the Dainite soled version. I take a half size down from my Brannock size and they fit a touch roomy.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  16. Sym

Sym Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I am definitely picking them up during the next 30% sale.

So size them the same as the Barrie last (10.5)? I'm on the wider end of regular width so I went TTS (11 Brannock) on the C&J/RL Marlow Wingtips and they fit well, should I still size down on these? It seems like the opinions are mixed on the BB site.

Edit: Looks like they have raised the price just before the 30% off sale, sneaky move BB.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  17. brianoh

brianoh Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on the Double Monk by Peal? Worth it at half off (down to 300ish)? What is he sizing of it like?

18. mxgreen

mxgreen Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the shoes at this link - http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.[​IMG]-Double-Monk-Strap-Shoes/MH00231,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00231_Color=BRWN&contentpos=9&cgid=0522?

I bought those last month. They are on the 341 last and are a much darker brown than in the photos. I am happy with them.

By the way, how are you going to get them at 50% off?

19. brianoh

brianoh Well-Known Member

Yes that one. I know someone who works BB corporate, so j believe 60% off.

20. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Can you hook us up too?