1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Paul Stuart Sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mussel, Apr 5, 2005.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

Any further reduction?

Jackets were $99. Everything else the same. They were taking cord trousers down to $24 when I left. Thought about stocking up for B&S, but I'm overloaded right now. I think they were all pleated, anyway. In addition to some trousers, I have two pairs of wild saddle shoes, which may be too much for SF members but which could do well on ebay. Originally $875. I think croc and some other exotic. Seriously crazy.

And I have to decide if I want to keep the burgundy Stuart's Choice jodhpurs.

[​IMG]

2. mack11211

mack11211 Well-Known Member

That green one was awesome. I got the red and one of those wool/silk/cashmere orange jackets with the leather trim. Fit's remarkably well, I think, but I'll probably change the buttons.

Stock was heavily depleted by around 1:30. Still deals to be had, but not a lot left.

I got the green. The red/burgundy one was tempting but not quite for me. I did also get the lightweight striped flannel Phineas Cole blazer with the metal buttons.

Those wool/linen coats had great colors but the standard PS shoulder looked superhero-sized on me, and the piping on the patch pockets said "Look at my hips! Now!" so I passed.

3. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

And I have to decide if I want to keep the burgundy Stuart's Choice jodhpurs.

[​IMG]

Quite a dilemma, I'm sure. [​IMG]

4. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Well-Known Member

I was in there at about 2 p.m. I overheard two PS gentlemen discussin another price drop. The younger one was going to call it but the older gentleman told him to wait as the lunch crowd was still browsing. There wasnt much left on the mens side. Lots of women's stuff left and crazy prices. Slacks for $40, blazers $78, outerwear $98.

Some interesting Phineas covert coats in not so covert plaids. Made in England. 80% off $1400.

5. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Well-Known Member

Just came back from the sale. Those cord pants are a steal @ $24. There're still plenty of them all sizes 34-42 in many different colors when I left. Shoes are absolutely gone. There're still some dress, polo and sport shirts, sweaters, sport coats, suits, and overcoats, all 80% off. Non-cord pants are $42.

6. Neo1824

Neo1824 Well-Known Member

I wish there was a way to see this stuff for those of us not in NY. Did you notice any full zip sweaters?

7. skefferz

skefferz Well-Known Member

I did also get the lightweight striped flannel Phineas Cole blazer with the metal buttons.

I saw this blazer at the sale. With what would you wear it and where would you wear it?

8. kiLLscaLLion

kiLLscaLLion Well-Known Member

Was anyone at the Paul Stuart sale on 38th street today? How was the selection, especially in terms of ties and shoes?

9. Etienne

Etienne Well-Known Member

iirc, designed by guyot, made by somebody else.
    Guyot does not have his own factory so they are always "made by somebody else". He uses an Italian factory for his house-line.

Not sure who Guyot is
    http://www.marcguyot.com/1.aspx

10. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Guyot does not have his own factory so they are always "made by somebody else". He uses an Italian factory for his house-line.

http://www.marcguyot.com/1.aspx

The French Alan Flusser.

11. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

^Does he wear bespoke sweat suits, too?