1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Paul Stuart Sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mussel, Apr 5, 2005.

1. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

you know what I mean bro, not as soft of leather as I expected.

I just find it hard to imagine. I've owned three pairs of these, and none has looked remotely plasticky.

2. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

Didn't see those, but saw some rounded toe tan monks which retailed for $385. Pretty nice, but I'll wait till tomorrow. I managed to do very very very well. Not sure if I can keep all of them, but I don't need to buy shoes for a while.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I knew you couldn't resist!! Killer prices no doubt.[​IMG]

3. HalfCanvas

HalfCanvas Well-Known Member

The leather on my Grensons run nearly neck and neck with my EGs.

4. mussel

mussel Well-Known Member

IIRC last time at least one reduction was taken during the day. I remember I walked in around 4 pm as they were putting up new price signs. So you may to check for further discount during the day.

My prediction's correct. When I got there about 3:15 the SC/Grenson MP were already marked down to $99. I picked a pair of wholecut and a pair calf/suede plain toe called Robinson (similar design to JL 2004). The last round of mark down will probably around lunch time.

I picked up a pair of black monk strap for 99 , got to say though, never own a Greson before, the lether seems a bit plasticly, not as nice as I expected.

I think I know what you mean. The leather kinda stiff and dried out, finish dull. I speculate they spent too much time in an overheated warehouse during a summer heatwave. Just apply leather conditioner and polish it a little will restore its former lusciousness.

5. HalfCanvas

HalfCanvas Well-Known Member

Someone here should buy out all the good shoes at that price and post them for a bit of a premium.

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

Someone here should buy out all the good shoes at that price and post them for a bit of a premium.

I may have time to go load up this morning

7. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

On second thought, I'm busy this morning. Sorry gents. The $1000 I could have made is sorry too that it's not in my wallet. ha

8. dr.no

dr.no Well-Known Member

In due time! Wait till tomorrow and we'll see. I haven't even had a chance to sort them. I think I bought double of the brown monks.

chorse,
    If you have an extra brown monk in 9D, would you consider trading for the round toe tan monks I scooped this morning (also in 9D)?

9. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

There were some nice pairs left this morning, but mostly in narrow sizes. As much as I wanted to fit into the 9B black captoe brogues, it wasn't going to happen. Still managed to find 7 pairs to add, though I will probably have a few to sell.
    chorse, If you have an extra brown monk in 9D, would you consider trading for the round toe tan monks I scooped this morning (also in 9D)?
    Maybe. I have to figure out what I have, what I want to keep, etc. Those were nice, but I wasn't sure about the last shape. They could be a great summer shoe, given the color.

10. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Well-Known Member

anyone checked out today, any further reduction?

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

anyone checked out today, any further reduction?

I did have time to go. Shoes $40, nothing left. Ties $6.99. Mens pants $20. Everything women's (skirts, suits, pants) $25. Fabric 50% off. Everything basically really reduced.

12. seok

seok Well-Known Member

wow so even in your relatively size everything got cleaned up when you got there?

13. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

In Masterpieces, there were a couple of size 13s left when I was there late morning.

14. mr monty

mr monty Well-Known Member

There were some nice pairs left this morning, but mostly in narrow sizes. As much as I wanted to fit into the 9B black captoe brogues, it wasn't going to happen. Still managed to find 7 pairs to add, though I will probably have a few to sell.

Maybe. I have to figure out what I have, what I want to keep, etc. Those were nice, but I wasn't sure about the last shape. They could be a great summer shoe, given the color.

I need some 11.5s to go with the socks I got from you[​IMG]

15. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Well-Known Member

Shoes got marked down around 11... i missed it all expect picked up something for someone else. Pair of pants -- and somehow, there was a 36S tux left. Whooooahhh.

16. mfadam

mfadam Well-Known Member

As of noon today - all blazers were $69 and all shoes were $39. Still some decent blazers, but the shoes are all but gone in 9.5 - 10.

Not sure if this is standard, but they don't give you the "new" hanger when you buy a jacket. You have to ask for one specifically and they'll only give you an old beater that they seem to have stockpiled behind the registers. For a $69 blazer, hard to get too annoyed...

17. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Well-Known Member

As of noon today - all blazers were $69 and all shoes were $39. Still some decent blazers, but the shoes are all but gone in 9.5 - 10.

Not sure if this is standard, but they don't give you the "new" hanger when you buy a jacket. You have to ask for one specifically and they'll only give you an old beater that they seem to have stockpiled behind the registers. For a $69 blazer, hard to get too annoyed...

They were saying they wouldn't give out the nice PS branded ones, just regular wooden ones with a PS sticker.

18. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

They were saying they wouldn't give out the nice PS branded ones, just regular wooden ones with a PS sticker.
    I think this goes along with them removing the price tags on many of the items. I gotta say, the Paul Stuart sale is one hell of a workout. I went twice today and each time came away with three bags. Yesterday it was four bags. My arms are dying. I think I got the last of the SC shoes at lunch. A very nice patent leather lace-up in 7D and a brogued loafer in 13D, bringing my total shoe haul to 21 pairs, probably 75% in my size. [​IMG]

19. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

I think this goes along with them removing the price tags on many of the items.

I gotta say, the Paul Stuart sale is one hell of a workout. I went twice today and each time came away with three bags. Yesterday it was four bags. My arms are dying.

I think I got the last of the SC shoes at lunch. A very nice patent leather lace-up in 7D and a brogued loafer in 13D, bringing my total shoe haul to 21 pairs, probably 75% in my size.

[​IMG]

Nice job. Are you listing the extras on Ebay? I bought a few earlier in the week for my father and I don't think he wants them, so I may be selling them.

20. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Well-Known Member

wow, 21 pairs!!! I think couple of more PS sales, you could open your own discouint clothing business.

Picked a sprotcoat today, a nice dark brown one, 69 bones, you can't really complain....