1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Patina on suede?!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yunBW, Sep 30, 2016.

1. yunBW

yunBW Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Today I was checking shoes snob instagram and I saw a picture of corthay suede derby with a caption "patina on suede". Can someone tell me how is it possible to add patina on suede shoes? Really interested, but can't find much information on it.
    [​IMG]

2. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  3. yunBW

yunBW Well-Known Member

Ah I see, just a quick question after the wac gets worn off from the suede does it texture/feel goes back to normal, or becomes something like nubuck?

4. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

No idea but I'm guessing some brushing or scotchbrite pad would bring the nap back.