1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Paper denim & cloth

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bvlin, Sep 11, 2003.

1. bvlin

bvlin Member

Does Paper Denim & Cloth make any kinds of relaxed jeans? All the stores online seem to only offer slim fitting/bootcut ones and none of the stores in my area carry the brand, so I've been unable to find a relaxed pair. Any help would be appreciated.

2. gqelements

gqelements Well-Known Member

Never seen any... sorry

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

The "full bootcut" styles offered by PD&C are pretty relaxed through the seat and thigh. The only difference from other relaxed jeans is that they are a slight bootcut, rather than tapered, below the knee.

4. LA Guy

Forgot to add: The Tsunami, Icon and LTD cuts are all pretty good examples of a "relaxed" bootcut.

5. bvlin

bvlin Member

How would they compare to Seven's relaxed jeans? They're my only pair of "designer" jeans and I just got a huge security deposit back from my last apartment, so I'm fiending for some new denim.

6. LA Guy

The LTD is about the same fit, IMO. The ICON is *slightly* more fitted in the thigh. I have to say though that the denim PD&C uses has a lot more give than do Seven jeans. Buy about a size smaller than you would normally. Seriously, after a wash and a day of wear, they seem a lot looser.

7. Renault78law

Renault78law Well-Known Member

I'm positive that PDC makes relaxed jeans, albeit relaxed boot cut jeans.  I bought a pair, then sold them on ebay, but I don't remember the model number.  I think they were from last season, or maybe two seasons ago, because I bought them at an outlet-type store.  I kinda regret selling them - they had a very relaxed leg, but the one thing I couldn't stand was [literally] 1 inch of tapering at the knee, then the bootcut back out.  Keep looking.