1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

paleo diet

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by desireechamps, Aug 25, 2015.

1. desireechamps

desireechamps New Member

Has anyone personally tried this for more than 6 months at a go? Did you notice significant fat reduction? What about mental clarity?

2. commanderdean

commanderdean Active Member

I know people who did it for longer than 6 months but they don't exercise :)

If you exercise on a regular basis, you can eat what you want.

3. JamesBrowning

JamesBrowning New Member

Yeah the same is true for me, I actually have been on a paleo diet before along with limited exercise due to work and found that it does improve your ability to feel refreshed in the morning without the need for a strong coffee and when you actually have the time to exercise the results seem to be more noticeable.

4. commanderdean

commanderdean Active Member

Of course the only secret and its solution is exercising. :) If you do it on a regular basis, you will see definitely the results.

5. hezu

hezu New Member

Depends from where you start and what is your aim. For me doing sports approx. four times in a week ensures that I stay in a normal shape in business environment. However I cannot get to low body fat, say <16, with just doing sports. Here the right diet becomes essential.

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

7. pravda

pravda Well-Known Member

I have been paleo for 4 years. Body fat ranges from 9-14% hydrostatic test. I exercise 4x week at least. Lost 40 lbs

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  8. StriderTB

StriderTB Member

In February of 2016 it'll be 2 years of Paleo for me. Here's a little before and after.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was up over 330 lbs at that point, and had been at or above 300 lbs for the last 12 years or so. Started eating paleo in February of 2014, and I've lost 130 lbs thus far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still have some work to do, but it's been steady. Having lost that much weight, I finally started getting interested in the clothes I was wearing, since I was finally able to shop in actual stores, which is what led me here.

I also started walking a lot more, like 2.5 miles every day on my lunch break at work, and then after work with my dog. It definitely helps. I also started a barbell program, but put it off a bit since I broke my arm walking the dog last winter. Looking forward to getting back into that soon.

9. pravda

pravda Well-Known Member

Very nice @Strider. You look great. Sorry about your arm. You may want to check out, Bigger, Leaner Stronger by Michael Matthews to complement your Paleo. I just started and it complements my Paleo regimen. Keep up the great work.

10. StriderTB

StriderTB Member

Thanks! The arm thing has gotten much better, and my range of motion is pretty much back to normal. The issue now is when the arm is under load. I tried doing some push ups and the wrist wasn't too pleased with that. Still, it's progress.

11. thedream

thedream New Member

Wow those are excellent results man.

One issue Ive heard about is that you don't get as much carbs as one might need if you were doing really heavy powerlifitng or whatever. Joe rogan has done a few good podcasts on pale i think.

12. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Well-Known Member

If you find you need carbs, there are plenty of Paleo foods that have a lot of carbs. Mainly fruit and sweet potatoes.