1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pal zileri

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HRHAndrew, Jul 19, 2003.

1. HRHAndrew

HRHAndrew Well-Known Member

Does anyone have an opinion or experience that they would like to share about Pal Zileri. I recently visited their shop in the Venetian in Vegas, and thought it was of decent quality. I have been looking for a double breasted suit, and found this one on ebay. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=3001&rd=1 )I was a little concerned when I saw the label was an email address. I also am not sure if it is a decnet value or not. I appreciate any feedback on Pal Zileri, and if you think the ebay auction is a good deal or not. Thanks.

2. aybojs

aybojs Well-Known Member

I don't have any experience with them, though I saw a few them at a Sak's outlet. They have canvas fronts, which sets them above the low-end fused stuff, but other than that they didn't seem all that impressive. I'd probably rank them a little below Corneliani. I wouldn't pay $600 for a Pal Zileri on ebay, as you really can do a lot better on ebay with that budget (Brioni, Isaia, or the like).

EDIT: After seeing A Harris' post, I'll defer to him on this one then. Do you know who makes regular and sartiorale.it Pal Zileri suits?

3. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

The regular Pal Zileri line is decent but not great. However the www.sartoriale.it suits are very fine indeed. They actually made the Robb Report list - I belive that was in 2001. They have all the best detailing with the exception of handsewn buttonholes. Retail is just below $2000. That suit on ebay is not a bad deal.