1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Painting reproductions

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by PHV, Feb 11, 2005.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

All set in good ol' Madison, WI [​IMG] Those are all pretty nice, I think two of those are sold though and one of them is here in my living room. (along with one of the others I posted, oregon coast) I personally like this one as well (which I have here) of Venice, this is one of his earliest works. [​IMG]

2. PHV

PHV Well-Known Member

That painting is gorgeous. Is it available? That photo you took is breathtaking, such excellent composition, not to mention the crispness of the quality. I imagine photography is quite a forte of yours.

3. drizzt3117

Nah, sorry, that painting has quite a bit of sentimental value to me so unfortunately it's not available. Photography is one of my hobbies, I've taken a few of the pictures that my dad has later painted, I wouldn't say I'm a great photographer, but I do manage to get to a few places that I think would look good in pictures though.

4. PHV

PHV Well-Known Member

Yes, I've found that a lot of the time a good photograph is just being lucky enough to find the right scenery. If often takes a lot not to take a good picture given the right scene.

That painting is just really something to treasure.

5. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Well-Known Member

That resembles a little alley way off the San Marco plaza where we stayed a couple of summers ago, beautiful setting, please pass on my kudos to your father for his works.

6. drizzt3117

here is another fun painting based off one of my pictures, this one is not particularly serious but I think it is interesting nonetheless. Setting is Capitol Reef national park in Utah. [​IMG] And the painting: [​IMG]

7. drizzt3117

1 more pair: Picture: [​IMG] Painting: [​IMG]