• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

P Johnson MTM

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Charles can also do collars with very light fusing or no fusing and collar stays that are not sewn in if you ask him to, most of my shirts from him are finished that way.

Hey T, how are ya?

Was working in Parra last year and visiting Charles so often, I thought I'd bump into either Sator or you.

Either shirt making op is fine IMO. Like you, I have had the benefit of using both and will continue to do so.

Cheers mate.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Charles Nakhle talked me into trying the sewn-in collar stays and I have "never looked back."  Never had any problems with pressing, etc, and it's just one thing less to worry about in the morning and when I'm travelling.

While they look great, I do find his fused collars a bit stiff compared to the soft comfort you get with an English shirt like T&A or H&K.  That's the main reason I was considering trying MTM shirts from P Johnson.  Maybe I'll experiment with a non-fused/lightly fused from Charles instead.

Well, that's quite possibly because H&K and T&A have unfused collars! Of course, collar stiffness is also influenced by the interlining that is used, too.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey T, how are ya?
Was working in Parra last year and visiting Charles so often, I thought I'd bump into either Sator or you.
Either shirt making op is fine IMO. Like you, I have had the benefit of using both and will continue to do so.
Cheers mate.

We could have cross paths, use to see Sator there a fair bit. I haven't been to Charles for a while. I mainly use Ascot Chang for my shirts now.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread has gone quiet.

Any recent pictures people feel like sharing?

Nerdy86

Reaction score
My second suit from PJ

A 2 piece suit - (Mid Grey - S 130)

kayhill

Reaction score
I just picked up my first suit from P Johnson today, and given I chose them because of the positive reviews on this forum, I thought I had better add to the positive feedback about P Johnson Tailors.

I got a two button suit in french navy.
- hand finished;
- black horn buttons;
- wine red lining;
- extra pair of trousers.

All up it set me back roughly 2.3k (500 dollars for the extra trousers for those who want to know).

The suit is immaculate; it fits perfectly as you would expect. I was very impressed by the initial fitting - all the more so because when I went in for the second fitting the only alterations were to take the chest in ever so slightly (looked like 1cm) and to take the pants up by 0.5cm.

Even more impressive was the level of service provided by everyone at P Johnson Tailors. My initial consultation was with Patrick, but everyone I dealt with from P Johnson - either in person or over the phone - was extremely friendly and helpful.

Completely satisfied and I will definitely be going back once I can justify to myself splurging on another suit.

I know, I know, pics or it didn't happen. I might come back and post pics once I wear the suit out for the first time.

Last edited:

Sartorial Scum

Reaction score
Hey, SF'ers. First post on here but I have just gotten fitted and picked my options for a suit at PJohnson but also ordered one from Patricks other brand SuitShop. I will be getting both of them by December-January and will post pictures for you to have a look and compare both if interested.

kayhill

Reaction score
Hey, SF'ers. First post on here but I have just gotten fitted and picked my options for a suit at PJohnson but also ordered one from Patricks other brand SuitShop. I will be getting both of them by December-January and will post pictures for you to have a look and compare both if interested.

Sounds good! Would love to read your thoughts on how SuitShop measures up.

Sartorial Scum

Reaction score
Anyone who has had suits cut at PJ's got an idea of what actual Turn around time is?

I remember when i got my mtm at Herringbone, i was quoted 5-6 and ended up being about 9 weeks.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My experience has been anywhere from 4-8 weeks (picking mine up today, 8 weeks after order).

I think they quote 6-8 weeks for suits but if you need something specific I sure they would try to help you out. Get in touch with them to find out.

Sartorial Scum

Reaction score
Cheers, ill just have to be patient. Good things take time.

Also was looking at a few shirts off the website but I figure it would be better to go in and get them done MTM.

Wonder if its much difference in price to the online store? Anyone know?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads