1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

P Johnson MTM

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Prince of Paisley, Mar 7, 2011.

1. lennier

lennier Well-Known Member

No, they're offshore (Netherlands) MTM but with considerably more local expertise and higher quality than is often associated with such businesses.

2. platybank

platybank Member

Meeting with Patrick first thing tomorrow morning to get a new suit made and would love some suggestions from the SF brains trust.

I have two pj suits already (one slightly lighter than navy and the other strikingly similar to PG's classic grey a few posts further up). Both are quite 'conservative' for work and I am thinking of going with a softer shoulder and a skinnier trouser, still primarily for work but a little more mullet than short back n sides (not that I want to look like someone with a mullet).

I was thinking a light to mid grey, 2B SB, peak lapel but I am open to suggestions. Also thinking of getting a navy check and possibly pink check (or white) shirts made (agree with all on here that the shirts are amaze-balls!).

Looking forward to your suggestions.

And yes I was the one that posted about the crotch problem a while ago on SF (please don't berate me it is still a point of mild ignorance driven shame).

Also props to the picture posters. I don't have the balls, yet

3. __PG__

__PG__ Well-Known Member

Get a linen suit with half/quarter/no lining for casual wear.

Or a nice 3-piece corduroy suit for winter wear after five.

4. meister

meister Well-Known Member

5. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Well-Known Member

Hoping you mean the site linked with the article rather than my little Tumblr...though it is probably true of both.

6. quar

quar Well-Known Member

That article reads horribly. Every sentence is horrible. It was painful to read. The writer should change careers.

7. tobiasj

tobiasj Well-Known Member

Hi y'all

Has anyone on here ever had a navy (or dark blue) blazer / sport coat made up by P Johnson? If so I'd love to hear what fabric you chose. I'm going to get one soon, and after doing some research I'm thinking maybe a Fresco-like fabric. I'd like to be able to wear the jacket with jeans as well as with wool trousers.

Thanks

8. Smetana

Smetana Member

I have had an Ariston cotton navy blazer made by PJ which fantastic to wear with jeans etc. I never leave home without it when I'm dressed causally. I've had it for over a year now and it has that nonchalant creased casual look about it. It pretty much goes with anything. I highly recommend it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  9. appolyon

appolyon Well-Known Member

I have something similar that I picked up last week...awesome jacket.

Just book in a time and tell Tom you want a Fresco like fabric in blue and go from there. It is literally what I did.

10. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Well-Known Member

Hi Tobias

Incidentally, that's what I'm going to see Patrick for this Friday.

Think I might go with a hopsack weave; debating whether or not to get a whole blazer suit (patch waist pockets and lighter horn buttons) made up.

FWIW, I think you're on the right track - think texture always when it comes to SCs, otherwise the garment can look too much like an orphaned suit jacket.

CEP

11. "6"

"6" Well-Known Member

I have a blue linen-wool-silk hopsack from Ariston, half-lined with three patch pockets with hand finishing. One thing I noticed this hopsack jacket is that it develops small patches which look like powder. Can't get rid of it, so I have just chosen to accept it as "charming". Anyone with hopsack jackets notice this? It might also be the fabric blend which is causing this, and not the weave.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  12. "6"

"6" Well-Known Member

Probably overdue pic of my sportjacket.

In 3D:
    [​IMG]

Up close:
    [​IMG]

Spread out: Really bad colour on this. Needs natural light.
    [​IMG]

13. tailoredstuff

tailoredstuff Well-Known Member

Jacket looks great! What fabric is that jacket made out of? And how much did that set you back?

14. "6"

"6" Well-Known Member

^ post above says what fabric it is. I remember it was somewhere upwards of $1,000.

15. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Active Member

I just met with Tim last week.

I don't know when "6" had it made, but on current pricing, this would be:

(Assuming Grade "C" Fabric)

$1475 (Fabric/Suit) + $250 (Hand Make) + $150? (Half Lining)

Unless I'm wrong - I think 'much' upwards of $1000. But '6' should correct me.

16. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

I think your confusing a suit price ($1475) with the cost of the jacket only (this is a sportcoat not suit jacket). So around $1000 for a jacket would be about right based on the suit price.

17. tailoredstuff

tailoredstuff Well-Known Member

That's a fair bit... guess I will have to save up. Nice fabric though!

18. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Active Member

Ok thanks for the correction

19. Pliny

Pliny Well-Known Member

this fabric is nice, and the cut looks great on you, congratulations

20. "6"

"6" Well-Known Member

Yes, was no where even near the $1500 mark.