• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

SuEd

Reaction score
You're right, the supermarines were handmade in china. For some reason I thought they were made in Australia

CPaul

Reaction score
Used the code posted and got some proofny shorts. I'll see how they stack up against my outlier new OGs

HansPhonetic

Reaction score
I could end up buying them despite my qualms. $90 for supermarine kicks is reasonable, but ugh.. More Vans than Outlier imo.

I definitely like the Outlier x Feit shoes better. Feit has a couple of shoes in navy suede that I think look excellent but I worry about their durability.

Last edited:

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I could end up buying them despite my qualms. $90 for supermarine kicks is reasonable, but ugh.. More Vans than Outlier imo.

I definitely like the Outlier x Feit shoes better. Feit has a couple of shoes in navy suede that I think look excellent but I worry about their durability.

I thought about buying them also, but I could find better shoes for $90. I dont step in puddles much :) so the supermarine cotton is not a bonus for me.

*also they might not be $90 hypebeast is wrong once in a while. Just like they said augest release, but outliers twitter say tomorrow.

Last edited:

aeymxq

Reaction score
omg i have the worst timing ever. i bought the southwest pack from HMG last night, and today this hypercity appears on ebay. i've been checking ebay frequently, too. oh well, this dude isn't shipping to canada anyway.

these outlier shoes are a total failure, an absolute disgrace imo, and afaict outlier's first misstep. totally hideous! it's pretty sad.

was anyone else frustrated by the hypercity photos? usually i really love outlier's photography. great photos, great models, and the action poses are really fitting and suit the company's philosophy. however, all the pics of the backpack actually being worn in the world, do not give me a strong impression of what it looks like. these two things and the increased prices of a couple months ago make me sad. :(

Epik

Reaction score
It seems like outlier has strayed off their initial intended path.

Not only have they lost sight of that whole "not charging customers more than necessary" philosophy but also the cleanliness and simplicity in design aspect is gone as well.

Shame because it started off as a brand I was very fond of.

aeymxq

Reaction score
they haven't strayed too far: the hypercity backpack is (read: looks like) an amazing product. also the uv poncho was a bold move, very avant-garde. i agree that a lot of the new products have been more fashionable, less about classic style & functionality, but it's cool that they are able to do that sort of thing. as long as they are still manufacturing slim dungarees i am happy. but yeah the growth of the company pretty much necessarily means that they are going to have to be less ethical, more capitalistic.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For now, I'm assuming those fugly kicks were more vans doing than outlier,,, like them putting up the fabric and vans trying to be innovative with the design or something.... to bad too because I was expecting something like a vans classic slip-on in schoeller or classic chukka sneak in supermarine.....

Last edited:

rxryan

Reaction score

omg i have the worst timing ever. i bought the southwest pack from HMG last night, and today this hypercity appears on ebay. i've been checking ebay frequently, too. oh well, this dude isn't shipping to Canada

Last edited:

joshualim90

Reaction score
I have been wearing my Climbers for almost 3 months now, and I realize that the seat of my pants is starting to have snags??? I don't remember seating on thorns =(

Anyone experiencing such random snags?

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been wearing my Climbers for almost 3 months now, and I realize that the seat of my pants is starting to have snags??? I don't remember seating on thorns =(

Anyone experiencing such random snags?
I havent but have heard plenty people with the same problem as you.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean like a single thread pulling or a whole piece of fabric snagged permanently?

I've had a thread pull once on an og but managed to stretch it back in place, thankfully....

On another note, I recently received my nomads and can confirm a slimmer top block vs og's (seat & upper thighs), they're pretty much the same thing otherwise,, pine grey is nice, kinda mid grey with a slight olive tone and different enough from slate grey to keep, true grey is a much lighter grey, like concrete or cement, not something for my current wardrobe so that one is going back.
Construction looks pretty solid, sliky smooth ykk zipper, wore them for half day then other half wore one of my og's and they feel identical, same fabric, same stretch and same water/stain resistance, lets see how they hold up over time.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads