• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate kickstarters for cloths, so many ridicioulous raw denim ones. They could easily do what proof is doing and offer discount codes and promotions. They could generate hype by doing YouTube videos like durabilty tests, making of Outlier garments, interviews, garment reviews etc. hell they could even give away a few pairs for free by contests. It seems like they dont try, and if they would and do it right, maintaing a certain crowd of consumers that they desire should not be hard.

SuEd

Reaction score
I hate kickstarters for cloths, so many ridicioulous raw denim ones. They could easily do what proof is doing and offer discount codes and promotions. They could generate hype by doing YouTube videos like durabilty tests, making of Outlier garments, interviews, garment reviews etc. hell they could even give away a few pairs for free by contests. It seems like they dont try, and if they would and do it right, maintaing a certain crowd of consumers that they desire should not be hard.

Outlier doesn't need to generate more hype; they already get coverage from GQ, Forbes, Mens Journal and Esquire... Outlier isn't an upstart like Proof anymore — they've been there and done that: discount codes, videos (youtube too), interviews, making of Outlier garments, garment reviews and even contests. I don't think they are trying to get the certain crowd of 50% discount consumers anymore. If you want to pay cheap prices for Outlier then just wait until it pops up on ebay/classifieds. Some great deals to be had.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outlier doesn't need to generate more hype; they already get coverage from GQ, Forbes, Mens Journal and Esquire... Outlier isn't an upstart like Proof anymore — they've been there and done that: discount codes, videos (youtube too), interviews, making of Outlier garments, garment reviews and even contests. I don't think they are trying to get the certain crowd of 50% discount consumers anymore. If you want to pay cheap prices for Outlier then just wait until it pops up on ebay/classifieds. Some great deals to be had.
Great points. One of the best things about Outlier they hold there value well, I seen many Outlier pants go for only $20 less then retail which I think is ridiculous to do that. I would not pay anything less then $50 off for a used garments unless it was really rare.

SuEd

Reaction score
Great points. One of the best things about Outlier they hold there value well, I seen many Outlier pants go for only $20 less then retail which I think is ridiculous to do that. I would not pay anything less then $50 off for a used garments unless it was really rare.

Well if a pant is currently sold out on the Outlier site then resale prices will be higher, especially for the popular sizes S/M/30-33. For those sizes it's not even advisable to wait for a re-up from Outlier 'cause you might get the email late and, by the time you check the site, the new ones are already gone again. Plus Outlier products keep their quality so even used items tend to be in good shape and last long. XS and XL aren't priced so bad but then again they don't pop up so often on the second hand market.

p.s. Any regular in this thread who wants to buy my Outlier hoodie or cardigan, mention this discussion and get 11% off ;)

Last edited:

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well if a pant is currently sold out on the Outlier site then resale prices will be higher, especially for the popular sizes S/M/30-33. For those sizes it's not even advisable to wait for a re-up from Outlier 'cause you might get the email late and, by the time you check the site, the new ones are already gone again. Plus Outlier products keep their quality so even used items tend to be in good shape and last long. XS and XL aren't priced so bad but then again they don't pop up so often on the second hand market.

p.s. Any regular in this thread who wants to buy my Outlier hoodie or cardigan, mention this discussion and get 11% off ;)
I have not worn my pants enough to know this so... I heard the inside lining on the pants goes pretty fast, once it goes does it make them uncomfortable or anything like that?

SuEd

Reaction score
I have not worn my pants enough to know this so... I heard the inside lining on the pants goes pretty fast, once it goes does it make them uncomfortable or anything like that?

Hmm I haven't heard that. From that AmA linked above:

Out of 3 years of daily cycling, I can say that these pants held/hold up exactly as advertised. They are also water-resistant (i.e. not proof): I was just caught in a downpour in Chicago this morning and while I got wet (read: not soaked/drenched) they dried within 2 minutes (really!) of getting indoors
as much as I try not to play favorites I definitely tend to wear the Slim Dungarees more than anything. I have a pair from the first production run that I've probably put 300 days of wear on and they still look like new.

SuEd

Reaction score
There releasing tomorrow? They usually mention on twitter that they will be releasing something new. I was about to buy some A. Wang tees too damn Outlier!!

There was a tweet on the 18th that there will be a "special release" this week. The party is tomorrow so the release is probably the next day. There was a similar party for the 60/30 Blazer on May 8th:
and they released it on the 9th.

Last edited:

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope they are awesome and no more then $300. If I were to buy cheaper shoes OTW are fairly nice choice.

raags

Reaction score
I'd rather see Outlier x Cons. Curious to see how the collab shoes are styled

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd rather see Outlier x Cons. Curious to see how the collab shoes are styled
Converse has a schoeller shoe. I hate that shoe company everybody including mothers and toddlers wear them.

I rather see a Vans Vault x Outlier. Or even in my dreams a Common Projects x Outlier, that would never happen I know, but one can pray lol

Black and white pair of achilles wrapped in schoeller fabric MMMMMMMM!!!

Last edited:

SuEd

Reaction score
The converse tech shoes are actually quite good. But I'm tired of sneakers. I'd be more excited for an Outlier x Alden collabo

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The converse tech shoes are actually quite good. But I'm tired of sneakers. I'd be more excited for an Outlier x Alden collabo

That would be quite enjoyable a dress shoe for biking. The price tag on the other hand would be well most likely $600.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads