1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Outerwear: seeking a wool overcoat with a bit of opulence, a fur or otherwise elegant collar (help)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by blank, Nov 2, 2012.

1. blank

blank Well-Known Member

I am seeking:

- a wool/cashmere overcoat
    - in navy, camel, grey, or an interesting pattern (essentially, "not black")
    - double or single breasted, doesn't matter
    - slim fit
    - mid-thigh length (so, no pea coats, and nothing that hits the knee)
    - with an interesting detail: an opulent collar, ideally fur (faux or real, doesn't matter, but none of that knotty shearling. a shiny, furry fur) but I've also seen nice coats with unique braided collar

Not a fur hood, mind you, and I'm not seeking a coat where the fur carries through the lapels.

I would buy this new or used, but I can't find anything, anywhere. It must exist. Help me find it.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  2. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

It exists. Try O'Connells Clothing at the other side of your State in Buffalo.
    Definitely trad in orientation but with a wide selection of RTW coats:

http://www.oconnellsclothing.com/

3. blank

blank Well-Known Member

Only one coat there with the badass fur collar (although I do like that full fur on the lapels).

Anything else?

4. Ivar

Ivar Well-Known Member

Why not just have your sartor attach a fur collar to a regular coat? Should be easy-peasy.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  5. mjd

mjd Well-Known Member

Don't go faux fur! Try the real stuff!

6. ChiliPalmer

ChiliPalmer Well-Known Member