1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Our Legacy

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JackFrost09, Mar 13, 2010.

1. smdbitchh

smdbitchh Well-Known Member

Makes sense now. I wear a medium in Gitman but I figured the medium would be fine since some brands I would probably need a large size. (band of outsiders, maybe apc shirting)

2. death shot

death shot Well-Known Member

BoO (not a fan) is sized small, APC sometimes ridiculously so.

3. triton

triton Well-Known Member

Hard to make definitive statements about OL sizing - it's all over the place. I'd say more than any other brand I buy, it's always worth asking for measurements.

4. MightyDuck

MightyDuck Active Member

5. MightyDuck

MightyDuck Active Member

There is a better photo on their facebook page i think you just have to scroll down a bit

6. justjoined11

justjoined11 Well-Known Member

Our Legacy suiting is fairly TTS and on the slimmer side. It will probably need tailoring unless you find going off the rack fits you right usually, their sleeves are long and the pants come long also so you can take them up, something to take into consideration if you're a shorter guy. I think their quality in suiting isn't great, lack of lining, uncomfortable materials, and this particular jacket had a cheap feel to it to be honest, H&M kinda feel to the material. For the same money you can find much better, unless you like the design of it rather strongly, the pattern itself looks quite good.

7. mrblueblue

mrblueblue Active Member

I've never tried their Six Shirts, so I can't speak to the fit. However, I am in a similar situation with a medium 1950's denim shirt (it's for sale too!). It fits a little baggy on me, but it's still wearable. Ultimately, I know a size small will fit even better so I'm re-reselling it.

With OL, you have to keep in mind that each cut fits differently (i.e., I'm a small in their 1950's shirt, but a medium in their Classic shirt). You also have to factor in the material, which might affect how the shirt "hangs" on you.

OL is supposed to be on the boxy side, but not necessarily baggy. There are also different kinds of baggy: is the collar loose? are the arms too long? is the shirt too long? etc. And what works on one person, might not work on another...

So in the end, it helps to try it on first--if you are lucky enough to have a store that stocks it near you!

When I try on OL I just think to myself: If it doesn't feel "right" then it probably doesn't fit.

8. wizzeak

wizzeak Well-Known Member

anyone know how the quality of their footwear is? in particular the runners

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  9. MightyDuck

MightyDuck Active Member

10. m4gdelen4

m4gdelen4 Well-Known Member

11. Ken P

Ken P Well-Known Member

12. Melbush

Melbush Well-Known Member

I dont think OL tends to fit small. ithink it actually fits pretty large (for shirts and jackets at least)

13. Ken P

Ken P Well-Known Member

Huh okay, maybe I won't push my luck then.

14. triton

triton Well-Known Member

OL suiting often does fit slim. That blazer may work for you but there's so little consistency in sizing within (let alone between) seasons it's hard to know.

1 person likes this.
  15. MightyDuck

MightyDuck Active Member

Ok I had an interesting experience with Cruise trying to buy some runner I trainers, first time I ordered it was cancelled without informing me, then I tried again as it was still on their site, same problem. Then I phoned in and I was told they were definitely out of stock.
    By chance I was on their site on monday and saw that the trainers were back and so bought them, this time it worked!
    Got them today...
    Anyway the point of the rambling is that someone asked about sizing,
    I wear a UK size 7 red wings, UK 8 in most trainers including new balance and onitsuka though I fit a 8.5 about as comfortably in these.
    I bought the size 42 runners in navy/petrol and they fit me snug and well, i think i would be alright up a size but not down one.
    Hope thats helpful

16. MightyDuck

MightyDuck Active Member

17. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Well-Known Member

Does our legacy court sneakers run the same as common projects achillies?

18. Melbush

Melbush Well-Known Member

yes

19. R300

R300 Well-Known Member

20. MightyDuck

MightyDuck Active Member

No experience with reversibles but if its anything like he great sweat then they fit boxy and slightly short

1 person likes this.