1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Our Legacy

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JackFrost09, Mar 13, 2010.

1. guyferguson

guyferguson Well-Known Member

In other words, those 3 shirts are some of the coolest shirts I've seen. BUT, where are you getting "exceptional" value from? Good value maybe, but exceptional, really? Where is the brand placed? Similar to EG and Gitman? Well those three shirts (and, let's face it, those are THE three shirts of the season that matter) are similarly priced as EG's most expensive selection on Context and $50 to $100 more than the highest priced Gitman on context. Where is the exceptional value in relation to their brand placement? Similar value? Yes. Good value? Okay. Exceptional value? No.

It seems you have more issue with my usage of the word exceptional than anything else. I agree with you to an extent, but I think you have slightly misunderstood what i meant. For starters, my comment was that the brand represented an exceptional value, not that your three favourite shirts were an exceptional value. When I mentioned its placement I was referring to within the context of our own shop, which I probably could have been specific about. I have no idea how much those shirts cost at other retailers, nor do i have any idea how they compare to prices for Gitman or EG (not sure why you picked those two brands) at a retailer that does not even stock OL. What exactly does that have to do with anything? We have a washed denim shirt from OL sitting on the rack for $160 (CAD) right now. This sits next W+H which has $170 (CAD) oxfords this season, and had chambray shirts for over $230 (CAD) in Fall. W+H might not be a fair comparison, but we could look at Naked & Famous also, which is a significantly lower price point than most of the brands discussed and it still compares favorably. Some heavier weight N&F shirts approach the $160 mark, similar to our OL offerings. N&F Chinos approach $200 (CAD) at a lot of retailers, OL's chinos are in here at $165. OL did a fleece blazer this season which we sold for $265 (CAD), W+H's fleece blazer is at $390 (CAD). The point is that all of the pieces that we sell represent, what is to me, an exceptional value. I cannot, and did not, speak on behalf of any other retailers. You obviously like the products, so i think we are on the same page here (though i'm not particularly fond of the last two shirts you posted). If you would like to argue more about good vs. exceptional i'm sure we could do it somewhere more appropriate.

2. manofstyle

manofstyle Well-Known Member

Meh, checked Our Legacy website and the collars are anaemic. Sleeves probably a bit short too.

I love the fabrics, but I can't see spending 120 to 200 Euros on a shirt that doesn't fit well, this is what drives me to budget bespoke.

3. JackFrost09

JackFrost09 Well-Known Member

lol OWNED!
    Yes, OWNED. You win this round internet guy. I did a search in this part of the forum and only saw the thread which showed S/S stock including OL and APC etc. I didn't search back far which makes me completely deserving of this e-dressing down. You are so very brave. And re. people commenting on the quality and value of OL, I'm guessing you've actually seen and tried on some items? I've read more comments on the shortness of Gitmans sleeves than OL and I can tell you for sure, the fabrics they use show far more thought than BoO or Gitman imo.

4. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

lol how good is eric

Eric your company is an abortion and your ideas are retarded begone to DT

5. fudgebutt

fudgebutt Well-Known Member

those shirts are ungodly. i'll never understand you people.

6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

lol OWNED!

Glad you liked that bubbly. I love when people start a thread "don't know if there is" well why the fuck don't you look in the box directly below your title asshat it'll tell you right there.

7. JackFrost09

I apologise to those people who don't have to be a complete ass on the internet to get their point across.

Jet, please continue with this pathetic little tantrum.

8. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

By the way, they have finally opened their online store with prices on some items slightly cheaper than other retailers.

9. manofstyle

manofstyle Well-Known Member

Glad you liked that bubbly. I love when people start a thread "don't know if there is" well why the fuck don't you look in the box directly below your title asshat it'll tell you right there.

Why are you always acting like a dick in the Streetwear forum? Other members have remarked on this also.

10. mtmindc

mtmindc Well-Known Member

How do sleeve lengths run, particularly for their blazers/suiting? Also, if I wear a 'normal' 38 or slim 40, any size recommendations?

11. garmis

garmis Well-Known Member

just purchased the faded purple sweatshirt from Tres Bien. High expectations!

12. Racove

Racove Well-Known Member

I'm on the bandwagon for our legacy. For the BDs at least. great canvassing to the collars & cuffs, even on the linen shirts. Great fabric. nice fit and details, etc.

13. theom-

theom- Well-Known Member

love the styling of our legacy. Similar to APC but with a twist.

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

in on the OL train aswell, got 2 shirts which both are great (slim but not crazy, good sleeve length, nice fabrics). Pants are on the too slim/low rise side for me though.

15. JackFrost09

Anyone seen the wallets from this season online or, preferably, instore in the UK?

16. *Tee*

*Tee* Well-Known Member

17. junebugmm

junebugmm Well-Known Member

18. Meis

Meis Well-Known Member

Pants are on the too slim/low rise side for me though.
    Really? I don't have any OL pants, but I have a pair of the "our" jeans and the 30 has an 11-ish rise -not really a low-rise...not super high, but definitely a lot higher than say the APC PSs I have. Also-- Anyone have one of the sweatshirts in size xs? fit/measurements? I like the look of them, but I feel like the xs might still be too loose on me.

19. JackFrost09

20. *Tee*

*Tee* Well-Known Member