1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Otoplasty?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Apr 6, 2011.

1. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

I have slightly protruding ears that are obvious whenever my hair is short. Thus, I've been considering otoplasty as of late-- long hair is not for me. I was wondering if anyone here's done it and if so what did you think about the surgery and the end results. Also what motivated you in the first place? Was it worth it?

Finally, any suggested surgeons in Northern California? Right now I'm looking at getting this done with Dr. Sam Most of the Stanford Area. Yet, the reason I choose this chap was mainly, because of his academic qualifications. Surley there's got to be some better way of finding a surgeon right?

Cheers

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

It is a relatively simple procedure that any board-certified cosmetic surgeon should be able to do well, if it is a typical case. It might even be possible to do outpatient, while awake. Pain afterwards should be brief and not severe. The biggest hassle probably would be having to wear a kind of headband for a while (even in public). Let's presume that most male patients over the age of 10 or so have it done because of past teasing. "Statistics show that otoplasty is a highly satisfying procedure for the majority of patients, with a satisfaction rate that's actually above 95 percent"

3. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Well-Known Member

I have slightly protruding ears that are obvious whenever my hair is short. Thus, I've been considering otoplasty as of late-- long hair is not for me. I was wondering if anyone here's done it and if so what did you think about the surgery and the end results. Also what motivated you in the first place? Was it worth it?

Finally, any suggested surgeons in Northern California? Right now I'm looking at getting this done with Dr. Sam Most of the Stanford Area. Yet, the reason I choose this chap was mainly, because of his academic qualifications. Surley there's got to be some better way of finding a surgeon right?

Cheers

I am assuming you are talking about the top of the auricle. The procedure should be an easy procedure. Any plastic surgeon can do this. If you are having a hard choosing one, look at the person's before and after photos of previous ops. Also you can always choose one who specializes in the facial region.

4. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

was quoted 4.500

Is this normal?

5. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Well-Known Member

Can you post a picture of what you are referring to?

6. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

It's a simple procedure, just get it done by any plastic surgeon who's doing tons of them. There are no guarantees and there are risks of complications, albeit minor if you pay attention.

7. inter71

inter71 Well-Known Member

I ended up with two procedures on my nose. The first procedure did not bring the expected result, but the nose was much better than before the surgery. The second procedure was done on Dec 31, 2010, and I am pleased with my nose now. Good luck!!!!

8. ushersorbet

ushersorbet Member