1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on this linen suit...

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Positivevibes, May 18, 2016.

1. Positivevibes

Positivevibes Member

Hi guys,

Would be grateful of some views on this suit? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARMANI-CO...0e4330&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=10&sd=262432317830

I think it's authentic - logo on the right side, no eagles etc. But dubious of the stitching on the inside label, looks a little basic.

Either way, if it is authentic, what do you think about the style etc for a Summer wedding in Greece? Presuming I wore a white shirt do you have any tie advice? Black or brown shoes? I'm colour blind and have no taste - I just don't want to look like a dick in front of my suffering girlfriend.

Thanks!

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Sounds about right, the gf part. I think that it's fine. There is actually a jacket that looks very similar on the Armani Collezioni site right now, albeit in viscose: http://www.armani.com/us/armanicollezioni/two-button-jacket_cod41625871sr.html

Assuming that this is a daytime wedding, I think that a navy knit tie and a plain white pocket square would be a fine. For this level of informality, I would say brown shoes would be appropriate.

Last edited: May 18, 2016