1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Opinion: Is the RLBL Anthony suit suitable for business attire?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Haruspex, Nov 14, 2008.

1. vitaminc

vitaminc Well-Known Member

I was told RL is going to start offering Black Label MTM in Spring. Perhaps you can request a peaked lapel tux then if they allow mixing and matching of details. There are already peaked lapel Anthony jackets, so I don't see why it would be a big deal.

Hmm that's part good news. But the only reason, besides the cut, that RL PL or BL attracts my attention is they sometimes come at deep discount prices. But MTM RLBL will probably cost more than 2k, rather go bespoke at that point. Especially I always need to spend 100+ on fixing RLBL/RLPL shoulders due to my old collar bone injuries...

2. sartort

sartort Well-Known Member

Of course I realize that a MTM RLBL would be in the 2k range. Just wanted to throw that out there as a potential option if they do indeed go forward with it this coming Spring. I will reiterate that I have a Polo RL (made in Italy Corneliani) SBPL tux in midnight blue that is cut fairly slim. Not as slim as my Black Label, but slim nonetheless and I am very happy with it. There is something about the interplay between the sharp angles of peak lapels paired with the soft shoulders that Polo/Corneliani features that I find very pleasing. Of course, I got it for well below retail which as we all know is one of the major benefits of OTR RL tailored clothing (and shoes for that matter).

But back to the RLBL tux. Although I feel like notch lapels are the least desirable option (amongst peak, shawl and notch), I still feel that the RLBL tux is attractive and well made. The simple fact is you will be more stylish than most in the room even if the lapels are notch. Most men outside of SF wouldn't know better anyways. It all depends on how long you want to keep it and how close you want the tux's features to echo classic/traditional standards. Bottom line is you could do much worse.

3. Bumble_Bee

Bumble_Bee Well-Known Member

4. Recoil

Recoil Well-Known Member

I wear my BL suit to work all the time. I don't think it's a big deal.

5. Gordon Geeko

Gordon Geeko Member

As long as its not skin tight it shouldn't be an issue I work in investment banking and have no issues wearing RLBL. In fact, I receive numerous compliments. But YMMV

6. extempore

extempore Well-Known Member

I think it's possible if you get one from the hong kong peeps.
    What about airfare?

7. Haruspex

Haruspex Well-Known Member

Picked it up yesterday, immediately ordered another in navy. It's an amazing suit for the price.

Thanks again for all the advice.