1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

OneTrouser

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

I wear light grey flannel trousers much more than charcoal - like 5x more probably. I think that cloth looks pretty good, maybe a touch lighter than ideal but close enough.

2. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Are LB's jacket's shoulders SF approved ? Just wondering ..
    SF might have a problem with his coat's shoulders ... but fortunately LB is established as somewhere beyond an approval requirement. Personally I don't have an issue with his shoulders.

3. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

4. forex

forex Well-Known Member

I think it's great,I have 2-3 pairs in similar color and wear them more than the darker ones. Now,what will be the summer cloth?

5. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Well-Known Member

I wear light grey flannel trousers much more than charcoal - like 5x more probably. I think that cloth looks pretty good, maybe a touch lighter than ideal but close enough.
    +1 I have much more light grey than any other shade, and I wear them more as well, even to the point of almost making them my OnePant. I think they are distinctive in a subtle way--charcoal and even darker med. grey is too "office pant"-like for a OnePant.

6. sellahi22

sellahi22 Well-Known Member

Awesome fabric but I wouldn't wear those pants on consecutive days - too distinctive and memorable. For a One Pant I think medium grey like barbera's pants are more optimal.

Also I would have done a worsted sharkskin or worsted flannel instead of a woolen flannel for pants that I wear all the time, for durability as well as for the ability to wear them into the spring/summer occasionally.

7. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

I think its pretty much perfect.

8. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Well-Known Member

Foo: I like it, though agree with others that a gray a shade darker would be perfect.

9. Moss

Moss Well-Known Member

I like a lighter tone grey cloth as well. Very versatile.

If you were to add LB's cloth to yours, you would be set for cooler and temperate weather. Wait - does that count as two?

10. nioh

nioh Well-Known Member

I think its pretty much perfect.

I agree, my darker greys does not get much wear at all...

11. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

I agree, my darker greys does not get much wear at all...

Problem is, when you get darker it ends up looking like a suit trouser.

12. aportnoy

aportnoy Well-Known Member

Disagree with this. Yes a dark charcoal trouser may have that effect, but a mid-grey mottled flannel, in my opinion, is the perfect odd trouser.

13. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Well-Known Member

Disagree with this. Yes a dark charcoal trouser may have that effect, but a mid-grey mottled flannel, in my opinion, is the perfect odd trouser.

+1 - agreed.

14. nioh

nioh Well-Known Member

Indeed, which is why I opt for light coloured odd trousers.

Mid-grey is great as well, just not as much.

15. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Well-Known Member

Good choice. I just recieved two trousers in this cloth (should be Minnis 0300, at least similar enough) and it is indeed incredibly versatile. It even goes with green-ish tweeds which are normally relatively hard to wear with grey trousers.

16. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

I love medium gray trousers, but find that they don't always work with a lot of my sport coats which tend to be medium shades of brown or blue. So, I most of the time I go with dark gray or tan. But, medium gray is perfect for darker jackets.

17. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

I like it. Will provide a nice contrast with your jackets and will look great with blue shirts.

Does this also mean that I won with my 12 points?

18. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

I just scrolled back and saw your "One Choice" cloth. I like it very much. The lighter shade is perfect for what I was talking about with sport coats made in medium shades. Nice!

19. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

Now that you've seen the cloth, any better guesses as to what it is exactly?

20. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Well-Known Member