1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Jan 21, 2009.

1. YRR92

YRR92 Well-Known Member

Seriously? You know where the answer is, you want the answer, you won't get it for yourself? You're that guy who won't get a snack because he doesn't want to leave the couch, aren't you. [​IMG]

I've read the whole thread. Took me a while. It was entertaining. For ten bucks, I'll write you a summary. Good deal.

1 person likes this.
  2. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

From reading the thread, it looks like 'foo really likes the shoe and bought 5 pairs. I was more wondering if this has changed since. The real good read is fuuma's post above.

3. YRR92

YRR92 Well-Known Member

Yup -- based on some posts in the Good Taste thread, that rotation of five Aldens is still what's going on for [​IMG] -- though I think he mentioned some kind of black cap toe?

Fuuma's post is a great illustration of how subjective all this stuff is -- I agree with his approach in terms of only buying what you'll wear, but I'd only wear three or four of those shoes with any regularity.

4. Oli2012

Oli2012 Well-Known Member

There's a minimalist simplicity to it - I like it.

5. irgendwas

irgendwas Well-Known Member

However, there is no minimalist simplicity to a longwing design.

6. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

How do like look now?

7. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Well-Known Member

8. Businessness

Businessness Well-Known Member

Why don't you do this with a black shoe mafoo? Then you wouldn't have to deal with the OCD headache of buying an extra shoe for formal occasions to uncomfortably supplement what is supposedly you're grail shoe

Btw I have gone over this entire thread from start to finish and would like to thank all involved for a great read

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014