• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One Shoe Wardrobe: Why Not?

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Foolish. Three words: Fiery chestnut scotchgrain.

I present to you:

wingal.jpg

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...t-to-the-past/

Don't be fooled by the color in the pic - this is the same leather alden uses for its all weather walker:

947.jpg

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Now we're getting somewhere. And those longwings have a proper sole, to boot.

I love the black inking on those - double soles too. I am definitely buying a pair.

Originally Posted by edmorel
I have those leathersouls, the shoe in the bottom does seem to use a darker leather. The Leathersoul's I use as my $hit shoes, and they show it.

We demand pictorial proof.

The Leffot blog shows how nice the alden alpine scotchgrain is (warning: click for HUGE HUGE pic). I have seen this shoe in person and it looks fantastic in natural light.

Nothing beats vintage florsheims, though - I love mine:

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Five work days, and on the weekends, Crocs.

?????

I'm confused. Since when did Crocs start making longwings on a Plaza last?

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
For those who doubted me:

oneshoearmy1m.jpg

Foof, now that I have wiped my eyes I notice that the first shoe seems quite out of place with the new pairs. To remedy do you plan to wear the new pairs until they are in the same condition as the first pair and then add it back in the rotation?

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am speechless as well, but want to be able to point my grandchildren to this URL when I tell them "I was there."

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I look forward to the anecdote where you accidentally wear one color on one foot, and another on the other.

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knowsnothin
Seriously, Moofan, why did you order 5 pairs of the exact same shoe? Certainly you know that you could purchase two pairs and wear one pair every other day for the exact same effect. The only thing missing is that you would be unable to tell people you had 5 pairs of the same shoe.

Counter-bet: 10 pairs of exactly the same shoe, and 2 pairs each of other variations. All longwings.

Originally Posted by knowsnothin
What were you thinking? I mean really, what logic says 5 pairs is the optimum number? There are 7 days in a week, and some months have 31 days. Think about it.

Sigh. This has been gone over already. The shoes would not last long enough if I wore each pair every other day.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Counter-bet: 10 pairs of exactly the same shoe, and 2 pairs each of other variations. All longwings.

Sigh. This has been gone over already. The shoes would not last long enough if I wore each pair every other day.

They would, 3 pairs is amply enough for example. These things are solid and long lasting. You just wanted a number that sounded more complete, like 5.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
They would, 3 pairs is amply enough for example. These things are solid and long lasting. You just wanted a number that sounded more complete, like 5.

Three words: Crazy Eighty Eight.

It's true, to some degree. Also, I figured there are five days in the work week. I didn't want to cough up the funds for ten pairs all at once, so five was the number.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads