1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berlin report

berlin report Well-Known Member

Thanks, Maharlika. The shirt's actually a navy blue with red stitching down the front and light blue on the shoulders. Its not a bad colour for kayumangi either!

2. Maharlika

Maharlika Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Thought BR was wearing brown so feel like browns and blues today.
    Striped t-shirt- Zegna
    Brown Jacket- J.Lindeberg
    Jeans- 5ep
    Belt- J. Lindeberg
    Scarf- Dries Van Noten
    Shoes- Red Wing
    Scent- Dior Eau Sauvage

3. smoothy504ny

smoothy504ny Active Member

[​IMG]
    Thought BR was wearing brown so feel like browns and blues today.
    Striped t-shirt- Zegna
    Brown Jacket- J.Lindeberg
    Jeans- 5ep
    Belt- J. Lindeberg
    Scarf- Dries Van Noten
    Shoes- Red Wing
    Scent- Dior Eau Sauvage

----i like the watch!

[​IMG]
    black on black

4. converge

converge Well-Known Member

Alright guys, don't kill me on this one. Take it easy Rye...

Probably because I wore shoes with little or no support for the last 7 years or so, my flat feet and my knees have been killing me everyday after work. I just feel drained after a couple hours of work because of this. I tried different kinds of inserts and nothing helped.

Have you thought about getting custom-fit orthotics? My feet are extremely flat and I will get major pains if I walk long distances without them. The only downside is that they affect the fit of a lot of shoes. Sometimes you have to size up to account for the extra height of the orthotic. For me, it's worth it in the long run.

5. Black Cherry

Black Cherry Well-Known Member

Brown blazer is sharp, Maharlika. Dig it.

Mixed and matched some stuff today to see how it looks. Excuse the goofy tough guy pose.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Ben Sherman shirt/shoes
    Levi's type 1 jacket
    Levi's 511 jeans

I don't think the jacket is faded enough yet to look good with the pants, but someday.

6. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Well-Known Member

^Jeans fit very well, but I'm still not convinced about this jean jacket look...Nice color on the kicks too

7. hi-val

hi-val Well-Known Member

I like the jacket a lot (as I've said before) but combining two denim objects in an outfit makes me wary to the point where I can't objectively say something is good or bad.

Maybe the jeans are dark because of the photo but with the high chroma jacket and shoes, I'd lean to something neutral like a dark brown or maybe green to put some color drama in there.

8. braidkid

braidkid Well-Known Member

black cherry, everything has a get smart vibe to it and is excellent. I really like the jean jacket and think it looks great without fading. Of course it will look better with time but looks great even now.

9. Maharlika

black cherry I think this is one works because you have bastardized a Levi's Classic and gave it your own interpretation. Can't wait for it to fade like you mentioned. The denim/denim combo works because you've tied it in with your patterned shirt and your brown belt and shoes. Is it warming up in Michigan?

10. Black Cherry

Thanks for the comments, guys. The texas tuxedo look is pretty goofy but I'm-a keep trying to nail it, haha.

Michigan is.. Slightly warmer. It's still ball-freezing cold, but the sun is shining at least. I think maybe if I put the pea coat away and start wearing lighter jackets, maybe I'll start to feel like it's warmer out..?

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

Black Cherry...the patches on the jean jacket throw it off for me. esp with that smiley face on the front, it's a bit goofy to me.

I guess it's because with your overall look I am almost expecting to see certain specific patches, which is fine that I'm not, but the ones that are there just don't compliment the overall fit and just distract

12. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Well-Known Member

Black Cherry:where did you the Watchmen patch?

I must have that

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

Black Cherry:where did you the Watchmen patch?

that's what that is....knew it looked familiar.

14. Black Cherry

spaceman: http://www.patchgeeks.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/27_68

Get Smart, I'm not really feeling the patches anymore either, and am thinking of paring it down to just the Watchmen smiley (Which is there to stay, sorry!) to make it less busy and also because I'm interested in seeing if they'll leave appropriately-shaped dark(er) spots. Denim is so rad.

15. Maharlika

----i like the watch!

Thanks! It's my everyday tank.[​IMG]

16. HATORI HANZO

HATORI HANZO Well-Known Member

Getting better, much better. Cover the tongues of your shoes with your jeans.

[​IMG]
    black on black[/quote]

17. americanswede

americanswede Active Member

Figured I´d post a new outfit, a typical school day outfit I´d say.

[​IMG]

Sweater: RL
    Shirt: Linnea Braun TSF
    Pants: Cheap Monday
    Belt: H&M

Comments?

18. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Well-Known Member

The bunching around the knee is a little excessive...I'm also not big on the high collar fit for sweaters

19. americanswede

Brown blazer is sharp, Maharlika. Dig it.

Mixed and matched some stuff today to see how it looks. Excuse the goofy tough guy pose.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1342/227081lu0.jpg[/MG][IMG]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4215/227082bo3.jpg[IMG]

Ben Sherman shirt/shoes
    Levi's type 1 jacket
    Levi's 511 jeans

I don't think the jacket is faded enough yet to look good with the pants, but someday.[/I]

I like the overall look, especially the shirt and jacket. But I think it would look better and more relaxed if you don´t button the shirt all the way. In my opinion the only time you button the top button is if you´re wearing a tie. Now it looks like something is missing.
    And maybe try and find some shoes that will go better with the fitted jeans, maybe someting that doesn´t look so clog shoeish.

20. americanswede

The bunching around the knee is a little excessive...I'm also not big on the high collar fit for sweaters

I know they come off as sort of funny looking around the knee area. They´re a bit to long know since they´re raw, and I don´t like rolling up the bottom part of my jeans. Don´t really know how to make them not look so "weird".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.