1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brutus

Brutus Well-Known Member

^ going ole' school with the sammies. Those have a great fade. I bet designer-jeans-kids actually like those things and wonder where they can get a pair.

2. toldey

toldey Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

AA, gap, esef, vans

3. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

what jeans?

4. randomtw

randomtw Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

where's the shirt from?

5. braidkid

braidkid Well-Known Member

^ going ole' school with the sammies. Those have a great fade. I bet designer-jeans-kids actually like those things and wonder where they can get a pair.

i dunno, most people think they're just another pair of levis. not many people have eyes for great denim.

6. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

7. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

toldey,your hoodie is too big.

8. toldey

toldey Member

toldey,your hoodie is too big.

i agree, i just got it and i was planning on giving it a wash and shrinking it but i figured id give it one wear before doing so! [​IMG]

9. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Well-Known Member

fade to black, nice frames.

looks great. You used to have a shaved head yea? Haircut looks good grown out a bit

thanks...fyi, the frames are Oliver Goldsmith

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Abercrombie 7FAM Kenneth Cole [​IMG]

11. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Well-Known Member

ludeykrus
    the first "work" shirt fit looks pretty nice, really slim imo, but work with your look and body type. The dress shirt really shoudlnt be slimmer than that either imo.

What he said. In this case, your belt can give your waist shape; your shirt doesn't need to.

Thanks for the comments. I gotta agree, especially after seeing them in pics. I dunno why, but i have a hard time judging myself through a smallish mirror. And I think I may have gone a bit overboard with the easy-access to quick alterations of shirts....

And Ken, I've always been anti-sweater, but the 'date' pic you posted last has me shooting to try it out sometime soon. Throw your money down, that's going to be a disaster in the making.

12. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

Armani jacket
    Prada sweater
    RR jeans
    Trafalgar belt
    Zegna socks
    PS boots

13. Fade to Black

sounds good, kitonbrioni. Re: the jacket - Giorgio or Collezioni?

today (no pic):

leather jacket - n(n)
    black wool zip up sweater - dior
    white shirt - y's
    black l/s tee w/ thin white stripes - yohji yamamoto
    raw jeans - apc os
    alden cordovan 9901

14. cocostella

cocostella Well-Known Member

Abercrombie
    7FAM
    Kenneth Cole

[​IMG]

I'll take the bait... 'cause you know this is wrong. Why?

15. drizzt3117

I'll take the bait... 'cause you know this is wrong. Why?
    Actually I love the shirt fit, it's very slim, probably the slimmest shirt I've bought OTR besides Band of Outsiders A body, and some European brands like Orlando and MMM Line 14. It's also very well constructed compared to anything in its price range even at full retail, and it cost $28. As far as the jeans go, they are the new one-wash from 7, which fit me very nicely and are soft. They have a pretty nice low rise, and are very comfortable, and also won't fade at all. The KCs cost me $5 from thrift, and they are mainline, and pretty well constructed and don't look ugly or anything, I think the quality is probably slightly better than Zara/BR/J.Crew, but the styling seems fine to me. I mostly posted the fit to make a point, it was up for more than an hour without any comments when I edited the post to list the brands. I don't think the fit looks very different than what I would normally post in WAYWN.

16. cocostella

cocostella Well-Known Member

I'm going to be honest with you. The fit is fine on the jeans. The boots (?) look ok as well, though the sole edge/thickness and toe seem off (leather or rubber?). However, the shirt color and pattern (not to mention that horrifying moose), give the overall impression of after-hours-intern. I think your point is valid... but, we both know with the AF, you just pushed it to far.

17. drizzt3117

I'm going to be honest with you. The fit is fine on the jeans. The boots (?) look ok as well, though the sole edge/thickness and toe seem off (leather or rubber?). However, the shirt color and pattern (not to mention that horrifying moose), give the overall impression of after-hours-intern. I think your point is valid... but, we both know with the AF, you just pushed it to far.

I'll grant you the logo sucks, but I personally like the color and pattern. I posted a Gap shirt with a similar colorway and pattern (but thinner stripes) a few days ago that I got because it had the cornflower blue I wanted. The fit is also better on the A&F, not to mention the material is far superior. I'm actually a big fan of the sueded cotton they use, at least for casual wear. Some of the thinner broadcloth type material that BoO and Paul Smith use for some of their shirts can be too sheer to be worn without an undershirt which is annoying to me.

18. Fade to Black

drizzt, i think that would work better if you tucked the shirt in and maybe added a jacket. i think the untucked shirt look works best if you have something layering overneath, like knitwear of some sort, and then another piece of outerwear to top it off. Blazer and untucked shirt by itself can work sometimes, but is a bit harder to pull off well (i don't think it's a strict no no like many people do).

19. drizzt3117

drizzt, i think that would work better if you tucked the shirt in and maybe added a jacket. i think the untucked shirt look works best if you have something layering overneath, like knitwear of some sort, and then another piece of outerwear to top it off. Blazer and untucked shirt by itself can work sometimes, but is a bit harder to pull off well (i don't think it's a strict no no like many people do).

I use that look sometimes, but I'm not going to tuck in a shirt as casual as that one... you can't really tell from the picture, but the material isn't dress-shirt like at all, if you're familiar with their sueded cotton stuff. I was actually wearing a jacket (outerwear) over the shirt, but that would have defeated the purpose of my post.

20. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

I'll grant you the logo sucks, but I personally like the color and pattern. I posted a Gap shirt with a similar colorway and pattern (but thinner stripes) a few days ago that I got because it had the cornflower blue I wanted. The fit is also better on the A&F, not to mention the material is far superior. I'm actually a big fan of the sueded cotton they use, at least for casual wear. Some of the thinner broadcloth type material that BoO and Paul Smith use for some of their shirts can be too sheer to be worn without an undershirt which is annoying to me.

so the black dot on your shirt is a logo and not a camera artifact or bug or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.