1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

FINALLY got my things in. The nudie bootcut ola's fit perfect, I love them. The allen edmonds are sweet, but they're so damn bright I don't know how they look with this outfit. What looks better, the allen edmonds or some random black shoes in the second picture? And how do you guys think the nudie's fit looks?
    Razuel, The fit on the BOLAs seems really good. I think the AEs look pretty good the way they are, it's a very nice, high contrast with the jeans and looks sharp, and will draw attention (in a good way). However, personally, I think antiquing them with a bit of shoe cream to make them a richer brown would be nice as well. If you hit those up with some cordovan shoe cream, brush, then polish, I think the effect would be really nice. My Zara Project Chelseas were originally a similar color and are now a richer, dark brown. Good fit on the shirt as well, I think the overall quality of the outfit is much better than your original posts. Good job. I like the brown shoes much more than the black.

2. razuel

razuel Well-Known Member

Razuel,

The fit on the BOLAs seems really good. I think the AEs look pretty good the way they are, it's a very nice, high contrast with the jeans and looks sharp, and will draw attention (in a good way). However, personally, I think antiquing them with a bit of shoe cream to make them a richer brown would be nice as well. If you hit those up with some cordovan shoe cream, brush, then polish, I think the effect would be really nice. My Zara Project Chelseas were originally a similar color and are now a richer, dark brown. Good fit on the shirt as well, I think the overall quality of the outfit is much better than your original posts. Good job. I like the brown shoes much more than the black.

Yeah I agree, the more I look at it the nicer they look.

For the sake of comparing--

before and after, mall brand to this...

[​IMG]

3. drizzt3117

Yeah I agree, the more I look at it the nicer they look. For the sake of comparing-- before and after, mall brand to this...
    Yeah, that's a pretty big improvement. BTW, here's a pic of those antiqued boots, some cordovan shoe polish could make your AEs look like this, if you like the color better. [​IMG]

4. ayn

ayn Well-Known Member

ayn, You always have brilliant pictures. I look forward to your posts.

Those jomons are fitting you great, ayn. Loving how everyone else has motion blur while you are stationary

Thanks guys... I had camera on tripod and snapped a couple of pics, it was the result of quickly merging 3 different ones (layer masks, only took 5 minutes)...

5. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

Don't age your shoes on purpose, let them get that way on their own as they look fine.

Funny that people against the artificial aging of jeans would reccomend someone do it to their shoes.

6. razuel

razuel Well-Known Member

Yeah that looks nicer; I'll have to find some of that somewhere.

I don't think I'll get to wear them that often socal, so I may have to if I want that look.

7. SoCal2NYC

I think the other major misconception is that people don't need some help [​IMG]. I would say that is true less on this forum than the other, but I have a hard time telling good from bad here.

This is certainly not directed at SoCal who has his own style, but is just an observation. Sometimes in MC I think we see dressing that is actually worse than average [​IMG].

Can't we all just be one big happy family of those who: need help, don't need help, like to show off, need to critique others without ever posting a picture of their own, sitting silently and never saying much, etc?

8. SoCal2NYC

Yeah that looks nicer; I'll have to find some of that somewhere.

I don't think I'll get to wear them that often socal, so I may have to if I want that look.

Then buy some To Boot NYC or John Varvatos where they are already distressed. Don't purposely ruin perfectly fine shoes with a false patina.

9. drizzt3117

Don't age your shoes on purpose, let them get that way on their own as they look fine. Funny that people against the artificial aging of jeans would reccomend someone do it to their shoes.
    Using darker shoe cream is called antiquing, but is really just a way to change the color of the shoes, since he said he thought they were a bit too bright. In many cases, he's going to have to do this anyways, because it's unlikely he's going to find a polish/cream that's exactly the same color as the shoes. He could use a lighter polish, but that would have the opposite effect from what he wants.

10. Otto

Otto Active Member

Then buy some To Boot NYC or John Varvatos where they are already distressed. Don't purposely ruin perfectly fine shoes with a false patina.

Why pay somebody to do something that you can do yourself?

11. quevola

quevola Well-Known Member

FINALLY got my things in.

The nudie bootcut ola's fit perfect, I love them.
    With my new allen edmond's too.

Very nice Raz - I need to get me some BOLAs.[​IMG]

12. stylish

stylish Well-Known Member

This outfit was a bit of a stretch for me. Not sure if I pulled it off or not. Sorry the pic is so big, but if it were any smaller, you wouldn't be able to see the pattern on the jacket. [​IMG] Jacket - Junk de Luxe Shirt - Hugo Boss Bowtie - ??? Jeans - Acne Mic Rigid Shoes - ???
    I think you'd be better off without a bow tie, perhaps a solid red or blue tv-fold pocketsquare would have been more suited (minus the bow tie, that is). Loving the jacket, btw! Details please (where from and how much, if you don't mind my asking)...

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

That bowtie seems a bit loose.

14. apocalypse later

apocalypse later Well-Known Member

razuel, mission complete. The before and after pictures are pretty drastic :p

15. braidkid

braidkid Well-Known Member

razuel, i like the transformation....nice work!

[​IMG]

16. Asch

Asch Well-Known Member

Razuel, looking good (though I thought your "before" pic wasn't bad either, for someone into the predistressed/mall look).

Once you've broken in the Nudies for a couple weeks and they fall more naturally, you may want to hem them. Significant stacking tends to look weird with bootcuts, especially over dressy shoes like those ones

17. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Well-Known Member

at the new gallery

(grand re-opening july 28th if you're in the area)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

another day wearing the uniform

[​IMG]

Ben Sherman gingham
    Julian Red cali
    DM

19. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

at the new gallery

(grand re-opening july 28th if you're in the area)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You own it? Do you have a website?

20. Goblin

Goblin Well-Known Member

In the spirit of the thread re: glam rock, I had to post a fuzzy b&w pic in a Hanoi Rocks shirt.

[​IMG]

AE western shirt (I know, I bought like 4 this summer, shut up)
    Rocks t-shirt
    H&M black jeans
    Dickies double-prong belt
    Chucks

I'm obviously not a classic "glam rocker" type myself ... my subculture allegiance back when I had such a thing was a wretched South Florida take on skater/punk rock. You don't even want to know what year this was:

[​IMG]

FSU fitted cap
    bleached front-mullet
    Dead Kennedys sweatshirt
    dude on my lap for some reason
    probably light blue jeans, torn at the knees
    Chucks

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.