1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

I've only been in the "work force" for 2 years so if you were a fan before that I imagine I was in college posting on here (as many of the other current posters are). I'm also very over-qualified for both my current and previous job, so it grants me much time to sit and get paid to "add to my resume" while enjoying the company of this fine Forum.
    The old queen that keeps me in his handbag is the same one that fucked my mom...so my sugar daddy is also my biological one.
    Chubby? [​IMG] I mean I'm a 50/52...but, I do miss my Ironman days when I was a 48. *sigh*

2. Brigden

Brigden Well-Known Member

Sorry, but your reasoning contradicts the statement in bold. SoCal has posted pics with his mug multiple times, not to mention bits and pieces from his college education a few years back. Hence I don't have much trouble believing he's actually 24. And dude's the son of some billionaire/multi-millionaire owner of a few food manufacturers, it seems.

We frequent several forums, but I don't read each and everyone of his posts religiously.

Besides which, I was deliberately being an asshole in an attempt to be controversial.

You guys take him too seriously.

3. SoCal2NYC

SoCal has posted pics with his mug multiple times

Sorry about that...most likely when my hair was OOC and nasty.

4. SoCal2NYC

You guys take him too seriously.

Thanks....half of the crap I say is in jest anyways. It's fun to [​IMG] or we would just have another FashionSpot/TimeZone/PurseForum/Sartorialist comments.

5. SoCal2NYC

I'm nearly there.[​IMG]

I guess to that I would say you own (you do right? I've always assumed) a clothing boutique of a similar nature to the way you dress.

6. express men shirt (simple day for me)
    vintage True religions
    white converse

7. Brian278

Brian278 Well-Known Member

vintage True religions

Isn't that an oxymoron?

8. zw-gator

zw-gator Well-Known Member

My first WAYWT Going though a hard breakup, so the face is getting blocked haha I'd like some feedback on what I'm wearing! Note: 20 y/o in university [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Gap jacket (tried to do a 3roll2, but failed...maybe some starch and an iron) Alfie sweater Gap raw selvage denim Adidas (I'm looking to buy a pair of boots, like clarks desert boots, but they're hard to find in size 12/12)

9. Isn't that an oxymoron?

nope lol dats what it said on the reciept lols

vintage true religions lol...

btw somebody needs to rak their lawn...

10. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

touchÃ[​IMG]...but, be sure to send me a memo when i've been here long enough to have an opinion... you might be right, though...maybe i haven't been here long enough or paid attention enough...because i don't remember socal insulting people by calling them gay...sounds pretty silly, really...i'll keep my eye out for it... in the meantime though, you'll forgive me if it makes me laugh when he pulls a diva out of the closet, here and there
    I never said you couldn't have an opinion and turning it back on me like I'm oppressing you somehow is being little more than melodramatic. If you'd like to have an informed opinion, however, you'd have to go back past the one month you've been here. As you can probably tell by the comments made from others who've been around the past year, certain actions aren't new nor random. If you really have nothing better to do then run a search and read up. Otherwise, save your breath and take our word for it.

11. whodini

12. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

Zw-gator
    I like the fit of everything actually. Some deser boots or similar low key boots would be alot better than sneaks though imo. Maybe a scarf or something to add some visual interest to the plain sweater/jacket combination?
    edit: id go for a chunkier knit one, since the look is already so casual. A silk scarf or something like that wouldn´t work imo.

13. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

I agree, not a bad first waywt at all, zw. Maybe cuff the jeans a little more or folsom cuff them? I've learned to let them stack or cuff so they only break a little or not at all.

BTW, next person to say I look like Ben Gibbard is going to get a mouthful of bloody chiclets from my Reggie Jackson Big Stick.

[​IMG]
    Carhartt hat
    Ft. Reno Hanes tshirt
    CYC hoodie
    5EP jeans
    Dunks

14. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

But, I think there is a legit aspect in asking the question to many people here who just wear jeans, tshirt and some sort of casual jacket.
    At what point do you think you'll "give that up"? Or will you always be sleeping in and soaking your jeans or whatever it is you do?
    If a 45, 55, 65 year old man started posting his "fits" on here...would you really want to see that?? And don't say "of course becuase gramps is cool!"

Why would you "give that up"? Certainly it's not appropriate as business wear for certain jobs (though it's fine for others), but given that the outfit you've described can range from relatively structured and, compared to 95% of the men in the US, at least, fairly dressy (depending on the shoes, the jeans, and exactly what kind of jacket we're talking about) to completely slovenly, it's sort of a HUGE net, yes?

Or to turn it around, at what age do you accept that you just don't have it any more, and turn to 16"-rise double-pleated chinos and tent-like buttonfront shirts with an ill-fitting sack sportcoat and loafers?

15. ken

ken Well-Known Member

I'm nearly there.[​IMG]

Of course, because Berlin is cool!

16. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

well played.

The man is a rock. Quite frankly, the foundation of the forum. When everyone goes astray, starts to get bitchy etc etc, he just rights the ship.

17. ken

ken Well-Known Member

But, I think there is a legit aspect in asking the question to many people here who just wear jeans, tshirt and some sort of casual jacket.
    At what point do you think you'll "give that up"?

That's like asking at what point you'll give up the cock. Never, man. Jeans just feel too good on the ass.

18. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Well-Known Member

19. whodini

The man is a rock. Quite frankly, the foundation of the forum. When everyone goes astray, starts to get bitchy etc etc, he just rights the ship.
    That's like asking at what point you'll give up the cock. Never, man. Jeans just feel too good on the ass.
    Or to turn it around, at what age do you accept that you just don't have it any more, and turn to 16"-rise double-pleated chinos and tent-like buttonfront shirts with an ill-fitting sack sportcoat and loafers?
    Whatever would I do without my three favorite bitches... [​IMG]

20. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

less talk more rock

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.