1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

Thanks, man. I don't really see many streetwear fits in the MC WAYWT thread, so maybe I should pay the same respect here and keep it all jeans and tees and such. We shall see. [​IMG]

Every once in a while there are a couple, and I've never seen any of the MC guys complain.

Take notes SW&D assholes, Mr. Moo's last fit was a lot better than most of the crap that gets posted; might not be streetwear, but it can still be of value to your sense of style if you think about it. [​IMG]

2. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

^ +1.

breakfasteatre is just a very angry dude. On the internet, anyway.

3. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

we should rename this forum 'OCDB button up, slim japanese jawns and boots' and be done w/ it.
    BAN ANYONE WHO POSTS DIFFERENT STUFF!

I'ma wear this tomorrow just sos I don't get banned for my recent boot tuck transgressions. Sorry, O gods of button ups and slim jawns.

4. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

I'll play Devil's advocate. It's not a matter of having different tastes; it's a matter of Mr. Moo's outfit having no real street wear influence. That in and of itself is not an issue until you consider where this thread exists. Now, if no such thread existed in the MC forum, I could see the point of posting such pictures here. But since that isn't the case, the pictures seem out of place, especially since they're getting posted in the other thread, too.
    there is a ton of trad/prep influence in this forum and as MC and this WAWYT are populated by pretty different communities, exposure to something slightly outside of the norm is a good thing

5. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Well-Known Member

there is a ton of trad/prep influence in this forum and as MC and this WAWYT are populated by pretty different communities, exposure to something slightly outside of the norm is a good thing

Like antibodies, you got to build up your immunity, laddies.

6. mgoose

mgoose Well-Known Member

I don't browse MC as I rarely have a need to wear suits, however seeing different looks in here is one of the reasons I love it. I like some fits and don't like others and seeing many different things helps me get an idea what I like and more focus on what I want to buy for myself.

Cliffs: diversity is why I enjoy this sections WAYWT more so then any other board online.

7. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Well-Known Member

This one is pure MC
    Exactly.

Every once in a while there are a couple, and I've never seen any of the MC guys complain.
    Typically, its because they completely ignore those photos.

If that's the case why have two different threads at all? Why not invite the rubinacci guys to post their pictures in this thread?

breakfasteatre is just a very angry dude. On the internet, anyway.
    To me, his post didn't come off as angry at all. He didn't say the guy looked bad he just questioned the motives of posting something so purely MC.

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

^First of all, I'm pretty sure I've seen users comment positively on streetwear fits in the MC waywt but whatever, you're right, it's not frequently. Haven't you posted suits here? Haven't other people posted suits here? I'm not saying we should invite the whole MC forum over. I'm just saying I think it's fine to get a few suits in here every once in a while, especially good ones. People can look at a fit like Mr. Moo's and say, oh I like what he's done with the textures, or oh, I like his use of color, or oh, neat silhouette, and any of those things could easily be adopted into a streetwear fit. Breakfasteatre's first post on this was a little ridiculous and I just get tired of seeing similar things and other people have voiced similar opinions, so I don't see why this should even be a problem.

9. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Well-Known Member

Couple quick shouts -

coolones, good stuff and welcome; keep it coming. It's funny how everyone, me included, would probably have loved a thrift Wrangler 10 times as much, when it probably makes very little visual difference.

SoCal - I haven't followed your posts that closely, but I feel like that first pic is the kind of fit that works best for you while still allowing you to floss $$$ labels. I know it's pribably been said before, but like it or not, you've got a long, preppy face, and I just don't buy that goth ninja shit on you. It might work if you dyed your hair all black and wore it like that Misshapes dude, along with some stubble, but as is its just wack. That pic is great stuff, though.

Fuuma - rubbed one out to you new avy; nice!
    [​IMG]

10. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Why are you faggots suddenly getting uptight about suits getting posted in here when Phat Guido's been doing it (and doing it well) for months?

11. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

etcetcetcetc...

dude, you do realize that the point that breakfasteatre made is essentially exact same point that PP voiced right?...

12. PinkPantser

I'm just saying I think it's fine to get a few suits in here every once in a while, especially good ones.
    Totally agree. For example, I think all of yfyf's MC WAYWT posts go nicely in this thread.

Yes, and I do look at all of Mr. Moo's fits. In the MC thread.

13. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Totally agree. For example, I think all of yfyf's MC WAYWT posts go nicely in this thread.

I'm a bit confused. yfyf wears suits with no streetwear "cred" whatsoever. He actually wears full on suits, and looks pretty damn good in 'em. How does his posting them here make you feel warm and tingly, but me posting what I posted make you feel blah?

14. gshen

gshen Well-Known Member

i am guilty of posting MC fits here as well, so i'm sorry if my posts have hurt your eyes in the past.. i posted them here previously because i thought it would be interesting to show a different side of my usual garb.

i can see where PP and breakfasteatre are going though, and i kinda agree that MC stuff should prob go into MC 's waywt thread - interested parties can look there if they're interested in MC fits.

guess i will post suits there and blazers/sport jacket stuff here in future!

15. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

To me, his post didn't come off as angry at all. He didn't say the guy looked bad he just questioned the motives of posting something so purely MC.

A quick recap of breakfasteatre's comments in this thread alone:

On Robbie:
    dude, stop. You look homeless. no one cares about your literally greasy jeans and shirt

1/10

no, its not. posting 365 fits a year hoping that 1/365 will get some sort of positive comment is retarded

Its pretty obvious that what i wanted was for him to stop posting the same tshirt and jean outfits every, fucking, day. I have no problem if he changes it up and posts something interesting, but people faking (why?) interest in his everyday (and sometimes more than once a day) outfits boggle my fucking mind.

Hey retards, it really isnt about posting your outfit everyday if its the same tired shit.

I guess im not surprised you have a white christmas tree

On braidkid:
    braid should take his head out of his pics, not because of the attitude he portrays but because the dude is freakin ugly, dude should be smashing rocks with that jawline

On somebody(?)
    the irritating thing about anonofags is that to get them to stfu, you really have to stop replying to their tired comments. but, Its hard when those mouth breathers post 100 times a day

And of course, that time when he photoshopped some girl's WAWYT pic...

16. erdawe

erdawe Well-Known Member

^
    That's a pretty steep baggage to keep on hand, but paints the profile fairly decently.
    Plus, the if the guy had his way this whole forum would be fully void of women (given what little there is already).

17. PinkPantser

I'm a bit confused. yfyf wears suits with no streetwear "cred" whatsoever. He actually wears full on suits, and looks pretty damn good in 'em. How does his posting them here make you feel warm and tingly, but me posting what I posted make you feel blah?

What you posted doesn't make me feel blah, I liked it and I already said so. Its off-topic, thats all.

yfyf's outfits, even those with sportcoats/suits, come off as completely different than 99% of the rest of the MC WAYWT to my eyes. To those unfamiliar:

18. breakfasteatre

breakfasteatre Well-Known Member

Im not angry, just some of the things posted in her baffle me.

And i commented on phat guido cross posting in here as well. I like his casual outfits, no one can deny the guy has style, and dresses really well, but you are just a whore if you cross post the same outfit, especially if it doesnt apply to one of the forums at all.

Mr. Moo's outfit was great, i loved the texture of the jacket. Even the photo was well done, i just dont think the cross posting is necessary. It does irritate me, but make me mad, i wouldnt go that far.

19. skunkworks

skunkworks Well-Known Member

20. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
    dude, stop. You look homeless. no one cares about your literally greasy jeans and shirt

1/10

I am totally wearing my Levis 631's tommorow, with my beater ass plimsols, and a greasy tee shirt.

inspiration comes in all shapes and sizes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.