• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
Yes, but only if we can whistle at unsuspecting boys entering A&F.

Oh I'll do more than that!

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Man, you girls are crazy. Whatever happened to having fun with what you're wearing instead of being so concerned with real and internet people's opinions, whether you follow rules, or if "fashion snobs" (whoever said that needs a reality check though) will like your ****. I also agree with ftb or socal whoever said it'd be nice to see what people wear most of the time instead of their dressup stuff. I don't know about some of you, but i don't play dress up for the internet. What i post, i wear to bars, classes, teaching, parties, etc... Also, i get bored dressing the same way every day. I don't know how some people do it.

fade- if you're ever looking to get rid of some looser stuff, holla at me. You're taller than me so we may be similar sizes

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I doubt there is anyone (at least blatantly that I can think of) that "dresses up for WAYWT"....most of the looks here are banal enough to prove that most do indeed post what they are wearing on a daily basis.

after all, do you think there is someone that posts fits here and then changes into something else for the rest of his day??

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heyheyhey
Wow, the last few pages were totally soul destroying. Can't we all just get along?

Surely we're forgetting that at the end of the day, they're just clothes?

On Kunks note:
A normal daily fit.

Black slim hoodie,
Burgandy v-neck T,
Indigo jeans,
Calvins, (not viewable
smile.gif
)
Chucks.

Like the color on the T, where's it from?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I doubt there is anyone (at least blatantly that I can think of) that "dresses up for WAYWT"....most of the looks here are banal enough to prove that most do indeed post what they are wearing on a daily basis.

after all, do you think there is someone that posts fits here and then changes into something else for the rest of his day??

I suppose not here, but there are other sites i sometimes wonder. I guess it's sometimes hard to get a clue into someone's style when you see a fit from them once every month or so.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC

BTW I need to come to Seattle so you, TotallyEpic and I can get drunk again.

umm hellooooo hey hey hey

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Man, you girls are crazy. Whatever happened to having fun with what you're wearing instead of being so concerned with real and internet people's opinions, whether you follow rules, or if "fashion snobs" (whoever said that needs a reality check though) will like your ****. I also agree with ftb or socal whoever said it'd be nice to see what people wear most of the time instead of their dressup stuff. I don't know about some of you, but i don't play dress up for the internet. What i post, i wear to bars, classes, teaching, parties, etc... Also, i get bored dressing the same way every day. I don't know how some people do it.

fade- if you're ever looking to get rid of some looser stuff, holla at me. You're taller than me so we may be similar sizes

+ at least 1. Word. For this very reason I sought refuge the other day in the Omiru site. It restored some balance.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
The photography is an issue, but it's not the main one. The outfit SoCal posted just now in the all black is one that would more easily be recognized as something worn by someone 'in the know'...

Shows that lighting is an issue... the outfit is grey, as the detail shot shows.

Originally Posted by Fade to Black
there's nothing to elaborate on.

actually i said trained eye - maybe not 'trained', but 'skilled' is more like it. It seems many people here pay a lot of attention and detail to developing and refining their clothing tastes, so it is a given that the majority of regular posters here are quite 'trained' in their clothing vocabulary. Yet there were comments about that outfit being on par with early 90s, tagutcow steez. I can assure you anyone who has extensive experience immersed in the world of high fashion can pretty damn quickly differentiate an outfit like SoCal's and someone like tagutcow.

Please to introduce me to all these people who are "like tagutcow".

How did I get caught up in this? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt about what exactly you meant by that statement, but a person needn't be immersed in high fashion to any degree to understand there's more differentiating SoCal's fits from my own than some ineffable aesthetic sense.

Hey, I'll even stand behind my last handful of WAYWTs, but I'm not going to pretend that I wouldn't have done anything differently if I had the means to do so. It also goes back to SoCal's statement about dressing situationally; my big social event of the week is playing pool at Thirsty Thursdays, so I'm arguably overdressing even for that occasion.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WOW....LOOK WHO'S HERE!

I'm here, mostly minding house. The Spam is crazy these days. Actually, I even have a couple of fits I have taken pics of, and will post at some point (i.e. when I can delazify myself.) Might even take one on what I have on today, which I think is decent:

A dark grey Forniture Civili military sweater, dark blue Nice Collective "sportsjacket", ragged edged olive/grey Wings+Horns scarf with tassel, Nice Collective Olive belt, also with a tassle, brand new, and pretty darn slim 5EPxSF's, and midtop grey Common Projects. So... I think that the silhouette is solid today, and the belt and scarf give some coherence and complementary color, and the shoes, a constrast color. Pretty typical outfit, and pretty typical style - slim silhouette (except for bottoms, which vary), off primary colors, layering, and at least onebit of color contrast. My in-laws are coming to visit, but I'll see if I can't get a photo in before that.

Really though, I like to see stuff I myself would not wear. I mean, if I just saw clones of myself all day, I'd die of boredom. The thing I like most about working as a personal stylist was being able to step out of my comfort zone into someone elses.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
True. The thing that's interesting about this thread is I can pick up ideas or pass on those things that I think wouldn't work for me. In any case, it is pretty fascinating to look at what others (all with a lot more imagination and panache than I have) are putting together.

heyheyhey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyf
Like the color on the T, where's it from?
Its a Burton basic T . One of these. For my part, I only generally post something that I think is worth posting, mostly what I'm wearing out at nights, or to university when I feel like making an effort, rather than just throwing on a hoodie.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
umm hellooooo hey hey hey

Originally Posted by hossoso
I know. I KNOW.

You bitches aint ****!

I only hang out again with the ones who put out...oh yah so tell Laurel to come hang with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads