• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fosho78

Reaction score
robbie - Awesome fit and I love the shirt/tie/jacket combo. The only thing I'd change is the shoes, and that's just a personal thing because I'm not too big on black/white Chucks. Nice job though!

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
"EL GRANDEE Fred Harvey 100 wool hand woven in New Mexico" hence the roadrunner tie

Actually, this would look better with the Gene belt.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I'd love to replace canvas chucks with cordovan anythings, but I still need to buy the H&M suits I've been jonesing over for my wedding, and the furniture my apartment lacks, and a non-american engineered automobile, and....

so for now its chucks

and REALLY? the gene belt is reserved for non-sF days and river city roundup.

robbie

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just to match the eclecticism of the Roadrunner tie in spirit, mind you... nice match of the tie and shirt... not sure about the windbreaker, and certainly not the chucks.

I understand about wanting to up your shoe game, but having your shoe game constantly pushed to the back of your priorities. I've been wanting to get some black boots for about a year now. I just need to see how this potential misdemeanor charge works out...

There was some guy here who said chucks ruin more fits than any other item of clothing, and I'm starting to see why. Unless you're going in a sleek SuFu direction, chucks- and black chucks in particular- can often seem kind of vulgar and utilitarian.

For your above fit, red or blue chucks or vans would work better. If nothing else, change out the white laces for black laces... that always looks 1000% better IMO.

Brigden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
you should make some new jeans your next investment.

The jeans work. Suggesting he purchase new jeans because the brand is vilified 'round these parts is unnecessary. If he had deliberately neglected to idenitfy the brand-name, I'm willing to wager you would have reserved criticism.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
There was some guy here who said chucks ruin more fits than any other item of clothing, and I'm starting to see why. Unless you're going in a sleek SuFu direction, chucks- and black chucks in particular- can often seem kind of vulgar and utilitarian.
Robbie knows i don't mean this in an offensive way, but if there is anyone who dresses utilitarian here, it's robbie. The chucks most always work with his fits. Yea, he could use a pair of black and then cordovan laceups/boots for a few fits but it's just a matter of keeping an eye on ebay and the thrift markets. Thanks for the compliments on my "normal" fit today. When i got back i switched up the pants and lost the button up since it warmed up a lot. I'm sure some of those who liked it before wouldn't have liked what i did to it. My new baggy pants looked better with my fit than socal's though
tongue.gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow

For your above fit, red or blue chucks or vans would work better. If nothing else, change out the white laces for black laces... that always looks 1000% better IMO.

it could be a matter of taste, but black laces on black chucks screams emo-goth-metal-douche to me.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to replace canvas chucks with cordovan anythings, but I still need to buy the H&M suits I've been jonesing over for my wedding, and the furniture my apartment lacks, and a non-american engineered automobile, and....

so for now its chucks

robbie

You should be able to find some pretty sweet old Florsheim's on ebay or via thrift for the low if you keep your eyes open - probably not cordovan, but something that would work better than chucks. I see that kind of stuff all the time for 10 bucks or whatever. Just my two cents since everybody else has commented on this
bounce2.gif

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
robbie I know you're busy and its cold, but you should really keep yourself clean shaven, it makes you look much more presentable. also **** the robbie haters. I prefer someone who posts decent fitting stuff that they scrounge for instead of someone who can afford to spend $100,000 a year on clothes.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Black Cherry
Seconding the request for details on Yardsale's pieces, but booing the Robbie hate, which there's been a bit of lately. One of my favorite WAYW posters.

Same boring **** today, just thought it was a neat picture. Texas tuxedo! \\m/

Black Cherry, Nice! What are those shoes?

Halifamous

Reaction score
JilAAMargeilaNDC
photo36ad0.jpg
photo49hc0.jpg
Edit: Yardsale I have that russian navy shirt, it itches like all hell though. Double Edit: Bryan, may I have your babbies?

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to voice my support for robbie. He is skilled in how he puts together outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads