1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

That kind of cardigan (bulkier cut, bigger knit) is supposed to look a bit big, more like a jacket than a sweater. It would look wrong if you sized down.

I can suggest a few simple ways to make it look better. First, always button it at least partially, and never wear it open, at least if you're concerned about how it looks. Next, if you're wearing a dress shirt or other button-down long sleeve, tuck it in, even with jeans. Nothing looks sloppier than an untucked shirt sticking out of a sweater. Also, wear darker and slimmer jeans, something that fits you well. Another way is to wear trousers or khakis. They don't have to be real dressy, but they should fit well.

You don't have to wear a dress shirt though. A nice, well-fitting, clean t-shirt in a color that works with cardigan would also look good. Again, though, don't wear it open. Do at least some buttons. There are really no rules about which buttons on a cardigan have to be buttoned, so play around with it and see what you like best.

2. cchen

cchen Well-Known Member

the cardigan looks too big for you

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Die.

Hey, some of it is great, but I could do without this kind of stuff.
    [​IMG]

Sorry I didn't make it to NY. Looks like you guys had a grood time.

4. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Hey, some of it is great, but I could do without this kind of stuff. [​IMG] Sorry I didn't make it to NY. Looks like you guys had a grood time.
    Thankfully I didn't see that hoodie for fall in the RRL showroom... Yeah, you missed out on a grood time for sure.

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Thankfully I didn't see that hoodie for fall in the RRL showroom...

Yeah, you missed out on a grood time for sure.

Grood = great and good. Get with the lingo, gringo.

6. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

the cardigan looks too big for you
    +1, but try buttoning two more buttons on top, and unbutton the last button on the bottom. And take the eyeglasses case out of the pocket.

7. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Grood = great and good. Get with the lingo, gringo.
    I thought I just had... [​IMG]

8. Davidko19

Davidko19 Well-Known Member

+1, but try buttoning two more buttons on top, and unbutton the last button on the bottom. And take the eyeglasses case out of the pocket.

Thanks for the advise. i was on my way to work. Glasses had to go in there quickly. And I got the bottom button undone now, next three buttoned, top 2 unbutton. I dont know if i like the popped collar though...

I bought this on Gilt and the sizing was whack, i like the sweater but may return it if everyone thinks its too big (which I do too).

9. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qjpwnPW4c1...0-h/ADLweb.jpg (From The Satorialist web site)

People, not everything is meant to fit skin tight. If this bucks the trend, it's appropriate. I refer you to the above as an example that this is not so much "pulled off" as just "right."

10. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advise. i was on my way to work. Glasses had to go in there quickly. And I got the bottom button undone now, next three buttoned, top 2 unbutton. I dont know if i like the popped collar though...

I bought this on Gilt and the sizing was whack, i like the sweater but may return it if everyone thinks its too big (which I do too).

You need to relax about what other people think and just think about whether you're comfortable with the fit. If you think going a size down would still be comfortable without looking like you're trying to fit into something too small, go for it. I personally think you're just wearing it wrong at the moment (i.e., not wearing with the right clothes).

The thing with sweaters is that there's a little more range of fit that's "acceptable" as compared to the way shirts and jackets fit.

11. TheFusilliJerry

TheFusilliJerry Well-Known Member

Damir Doma x Target m.a.+ x Macy's Jil Sander x GAP m.a.+ x Macy's (from the 1st collection) Augusta x American Eagle
    i don't get it? x GAP EDIT: Nevermind

12. imightbechad

imightbechad Well-Known Member

Hey, some of it is great, but I could do without this kind of stuff.
    [​IMG]

Sorry I didn't make it to NY. Looks like you guys had a grood time.

Saw this in the Atlanta RRL and it actually looked pretty good. It was washed/faded out in a good way, and I wondered if the letters might be removed easily.

Still expensive, though.

13. slycedbred

slycedbred Well-Known Member

Experimental Fit: Would appreciate feedback

Thoughts? I know the sleeves are short and they're intended to be, but the question is...Bad or good? Would appreciate suggestions on shoes as well

[​IMG]

14. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qjpwnPW4c1...0-h/ADLweb.jpg (From The Satorialist web site)

People, not everything is meant to fit skin tight. If this bucks the trend, it's appropriate. I refer you to the above as an example that this is not so much "pulled off" as just "right."

If you think Davidko's fit looks similar to the Satorialist pic, please go have your eyes checked.

15. hossoso

hossoso Well-Known Member

Experimental Fit: Would appreciate feedback Thoughts? I know the sleeves are short and they're intended to be, but the question is...Bad or good? Would appreciate suggestions on shoes as well
    The fit of the jeans is good. The shoes, medallion and marching band(?) jacket aren't working. I can't tell about the shirt, is it just a plain black v-neck? edit: Why are you wearing a marching band jacket?

16. Kregg

Kregg Well-Known Member

Haven't posted anything in awhile, so here's a picture my friend took of me yesterday. Not really a fit pic, but I thought it was kinda cool.

[​IMG]

What state is this in? I know a park that looks a lot like it.

17. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

Experimental Fit: Would appreciate feedback Thoughts? I know the sleeves are short and they're intended to be, but the question is...Bad or good? Would appreciate suggestions on shoes as well
    It's refreshing and I like where you're headed. Has a very Margiela vibe. However you're not there yet. The medallion has to go as do the trainers (I would swap them for brown loafers or simple brown laceups). Also a buttonup would be better then a t-shirt, but I think you could stay with the same color scheme. Remember when you wear a bold piece (the jacket) it's important to tone everything else down.

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

They're not the only ones.

Oh SNAP!

Andrewryanwallace reminds me a lot of Augusto in that pic. *shudders*

19. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

If you think Davidko's fit looks similar to the Satorialist pic, please go have your eyes checked.

I'll admit it's not as good. Why don't you explain why this is? How are they different?

20. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Slyce, who makes the jeans? They're good but I'd want them just an inch or two shorter, I think.

While I like Tigers, I think they look too "dirty" for the crisp look of the white jeans.

Not feeling the jacket and medallion at all, I'm afraid. Feels rather Sgt Pepper-era hippie to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.