1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

T-shirt tuck doesn't work (As if it ever does). Opinions?

No it doesnt. the only time (and this is debateable) that a t tuck work is if you were wearing your 1460 boots

I dont like the high cuff'd pants with those wingtips. I think that look can work with a heavier shoe like the 1461, but even double soled longwings are too delicate looking. and I'd lower the high water a bit so about 1-1.5" of sock shows, that's too high as you got it there IMO

2. JoelF

JoelF Well-Known Member

thought I'd actually tuck in my shirt for a change...

[​IMG]

RL Rugby
    Sugar Cane
    Tanner
    Clarks

OK but not into the tuck, light belt, unrolled sleeves.

3. pinoy

pinoy Well-Known Member

My proportions always look weird to me too, for that matter. I'm 5'8, ~172 lbs, but I have short stubby legs for my height. When I wear shirts that come up to my beltline correctly, I look strangely leggy.

I always just thought it was my Body Dysmorphic Disorder acting up, but now that I have confirmation from you, I have a real reason to get distressed!

Funny you mention your measurements tagutcow...i have the exact same measurements as you-stubby legs too unfortunately.

anyways here's my fit for the day. i'm quite excited that it's finally getting chilly here in LA [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Viridi-Anne coat
    no name black cashmere sweater
    homemade belt (not seen)
    APC PS
    Fiorentini + Baker boots
    Viridi-Anne bag

4. JoelF

JoelF Well-Known Member

I think it's been said, but Labelking would make a great Bond villain. Kunk, too.

Not actually doing anything today so I'm throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks..

Hey without the hat & glasses you are a good looking guy. Maybe some contacts?

5. Black Cherry

Black Cherry Well-Known Member

No it doesnt. the only time (and this is debateable) that a t tuck work is if you were wearing your 1460 boots

I dont like the high cuff'd pants with those wingtips. I think that look can work with a heavier shoe like the 1461, but even double soled longwings are too delicate looking. and I'd lower the high water a bit so about 1-1.5" of sock shows, that's too high as you got it there IMO

Hmm, yes, yes, I agree. Here's the shirt untucked and the cuff taken down a bit.

[​IMG]

I can't help but feel like a hipster in this, though. All it needs is a pair of canvas sneakers and a week or so of facial growth and I'd be wearing the uniform. No offense to any hipsters present!

Hey without the hat & glasses you are a good looking guy. Maybe some contacts?

Haha, uh, thanks? Contacts aren't an option unfortunately, I have really sensitive eyes and possibly some kind of phobia about sticking things in/on them. I want to get some frames that better fit my style eventually, but that shit is expensive.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

Hmm, yes, yes, I agree. Here's the shirt untucked and the cuff taken down a bit.

I can't help but feel like a hipster in this, though. All it needs is a pair of canvas sneakers and a week or so of facial growth and I'd be wearing the uniform. No offense to any hipsters present!

looks better

not sure what kind of hipsters you have out there, but LA hipsters look nothing like your pic, they all look like Rye GB [​IMG]

7. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

looks better

not sure what kind of hipsters you have out there, but LA hipsters look nothing like your pic, they all look like Rye GB [​IMG]

QFT.

8. themidship22

themidship22 Well-Known Member

Upper Half
    [​IMG]
    Bottom Half
    [​IMG]

New Haircut+ Shave.... Boom!

Hanes
    Thrifty belt i very much like, and you very much can't see.
    Flat Head!
    JP( these are getting quite boring.. ready for my CP's! and GT's!)

I need to get a charger for my camera, so y'all don't have to suffer the iphone gayness.

9. Black Cherry

Black Cherry Well-Known Member

Yeah mid-Michigan hipsters are of a lower caliber.. Graphic tee, skinny jeans, chucks, weak beard and unkempt hair. Cold weather, add a mall pea coat and a houndstooth scarf.

Edit: METICULOUSLY unkempt hair.

10. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

Teger I need to apologize to you because up until like two days ago my visual image of you I had in my head was that you were Tagutcow and I was like "that's cool someone thought my joke was funny enough to put in their sig but I wish it would have been someone who didn't have such a terrible haircut". Incidentally, sorry Tagutcow [​IMG]

hahahha I should scan some pictures from high school when I had a lacrosse mullet

11. why

why Well-Known Member

How is it too small? Look at the sleeves, shoulders, the chest-- none of it suggests smallness. I mean, I guess it's a bit tight, but not excessively so.

The only buttons that are buttoned are puckering. I'd call that excessively tight.

The fabric is all fuzzy and pilling.

12. why

why Well-Known Member

New Haircut+ Shave.... Boom!

Hanes
    Thrifty belt i very much like, and you very much can't see.
    Flat Head!
    JP( these are getting quite boring.. ready for my CP's! and GT's!)

I need to get a charger for my camera, so y'all don't have to suffer the iphone gayness.

Shirt needs to be a thinner fabric (hint: Hanes doesn't work for much more than undershirts) and your hair needs to be thinned and trimmed shorter to avoid the bowling ball you're wearing as a helmet.

Good start, though.

13. Danda74

Danda74 Well-Known Member

The only buttons that are buttoned are puckering. I'd call that excessively tight.

The fabric is all fuzzy and pilling.

How can you even see that? It's a fucking blurry cellphone picture for crying out loud

14. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Etro shirt
    Levis 514s
    BB belt
    Alden Indys

Self-critique, yeah, the shirt's too baggy, although my stance is accentuating that. With the slimmer jeans something that matches better with the fit of the jeans would be better. The shirt doesn't look bad with my (looser) khakis, cords, etc.

Baby steps, guys, baby steps.

15. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

Pull your jeans down

16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Not bad but agree on the shirt and pants are little high. I get a baron-esque vibe from this including the location and stance.

17. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Monocle and glasses? A bit redundant, no?

Everything else is great, especially the boutonnière.

I have monocular moods--if I'm feeling arrogant/Teutonic, I'll forgo the glasses, and wear the monocle

18. TheFusilliJerry

TheFusilliJerry Well-Known Member

19. Asch

Asch Well-Known Member

AlanC, the jeans are a nice relaxed fit on you. Pull them down an inch or two, and they'll look better at the waistline and you'll also have a more appropriate amount of break for denim.

20. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

Etro shirt
    Levis 514s
    BB belt
    Alden Indys

Self-critique, yeah, the shirt's too baggy, although my stance is accentuating that. With the slimmer jeans something that matches better with the fit of the jeans would be better. The shirt doesn't look bad with my (looser) khakis, cords, etc.

Baby steps, guys, baby steps.

I say size down one or two in the shirt and you're about good to go. The pants are fine, maybe high for some people but if you're comfortable with them there, it's not a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.