• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it always looks like loosechange is modeling for something.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpgm
it's been a while.

WDYWT090608.jpg

red wing 1914
denime 805
tanner belt
h&m t
buzz rickson's william gibson long ma-1
generic beanie
form ring

Nice. If there were a WAYWT ranking system, a la the BCS, I'd put you and that Singular dude atop the list. Although Singular might have you beat in variety of facial expressions.

Brutus

Reaction score
^ how about a ranking system that actually works. If we used something similar to the BCS then we'd only think we'd found the champion but we'd never really know for sure...unless we were back in 2005.

From last week. This is my SE button down and SC Okinawa's after each had its first wash.
SCandSE6-4-08Sml.jpg

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brutus
^ how about a ranking system that actually works. If we used something similar to the BCS then we'd only think we'd found the champion but we'd never really know for sure...unless we were back in 2005.

From last week. This is my SE button down and SC Okinawa's after each had its first wash.
SCandSE6-4-08Sml.jpg

So I guess you're in favor of a playoff system. Single elimination, four rounds of walk-offs.

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FiveFiveFive
So I guess you're in favor of a playoff system. Single elimination, four rounds of walk-offs.

Some kind of system.
For: you play, you win, you get the crown.
I'm living in an imaginary world because I want the game to be about the game, not the money.

EDIT to make this post something about clothing: A female colleague told me today that she really liked my jeans (my SCs) but it was because she loved green and she was digging the green design on the back pocket. I was like (inside), "what, you mean it's not the awesome, authentic, hard earned fadez?!?!?" I knew she wouldn't understand so I just said. "Awe, thanks, they're Sugar Canes." "Oh, I've never heard of them. Where can I get them?!?" "Japan (mine are from Rakuten)." "Oh, well...(is this kid serious?)" In order to make a connection and show her I was only partially nuts for buying jeans from Japan I then proceeded to tell her that they were special in that they were made of 50% cotton and 50% sugar cane. She was coming around. It's sad that most people just don't understand the beautiful art of denim.
frown.gif

What would I have said if I wasn't wearing my specially-blended SC's?

IH 634S: "21oz denim, about double what yours are."
APC NS: "They weren't that expensive." or "It's a French company." or "It's kind of the anti-label brand."
Nudie SSDS: "These babies really form to the shape of the body." or "Swedish." or "Don't these make my butt look incredible!?!"
5EPxSF: "Limited production." or "I could tell you where I got these but I'd have to kill you."

Originally Posted by FiveFiveFive
Well, too bad the NCAA's an evil corporation that uses the importance of education as a pretext.

But we're getting off topic. Like the SE top.

Funny how that same excuse didn't spill over into basketball and baseball.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Some kind of system.
For: you play, you win, you get the crown.
I'm living in an imaginary world because I want the game to be about the game, not the money.

Well, too bad the NCAA's an evil corporation that uses the importance of education as a pretext.

But we're getting off topic. Like the SE top.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Nudie SSDS: "These babies really form to the shape of the body." or "Swedish." or "Don't these make my butt look incredible!?!"

Any of these would have worked. As a member of the SSDS club, can we get Sauce to give us an "Amen?"

Mine are coming in well. They'll probably be washed in another two months and then it'll be time for Operation Stitch Removal, Codename: Dragonfly.

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Originally Posted by seamless74
is it just me or does jpgm look like hes aged 10 years in like the last 6 months?
It just looks like he lost some weight.

At the risk of sounding like an ass, I'll have to agree with both of you. I know a handful of people who went through significant weight loss... half of them look like they got younger, half of them look like it aged them. jpgm, I believe, falls into the latter category.

jpgm... only saying this because you're one of my favorite posters on here. Whatever weight you were six months ago, you should try to get back up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads