1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XenoX101

XenoX101 Well-Known Member

^ +1 Good to see a fellow aussie though [​IMG].

2. JustinW

JustinW Well-Known Member

Pretty nice but not really SWD. I really like maroon/white/grey combo.

^

+1

Good to see a fellow aussie though [​IMG].

Cheers, mates! That's three aussie posts in a row [​IMG]

Yeh, I thought about posting in MC, but those guys are mostly twats and I figured TaT is more of a SWD brand, so decided to stay here.

3. ryannn

ryannn Well-Known Member

Sifr pima cotton sweats actually, so more friendly for tropical weather in Singapore, Sifr being a local brand (US 60 bucks for butter soft cotton sweats!)

Lol I don't care how silly i look, i can rock that shit with swagz...wore drop crotch to a electro party and got mad chicks...seriously if you gonna wear contrived-looking clothes you got to have that "i dont give a fuck" swagz. Forreal.

Oh shit, I need to look into some lighter drop crotch pants; my corpus sweats are a little much in Texas during the spring. You know if Sifr does any online sales?

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Sifr pima cotton sweats actually, so more friendly for tropical weather in Singapore, Sifr being a local brand (US 60 bucks for butter soft cotton sweats!) Lol I don't care how silly i look, i can rock that shit with swagz...wore drop crotch to a electro party and got mad chicks...seriously if you gonna wear contrived-looking clothes you got to have that "i dont give a fuck" swagz. Forreal.
    Yea, it looked good. I wore something similar but with more colors awhile back. I think i got mixed reviews on here as well. Keep on keepin' on. Fun to mix it up occasionally

5. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see Warlok lit a fire under your arse.

(I downloaded season 1 IT crowd)

Your welcome, just for you guys.

Good Man.

6. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

Yeh, I thought about posting in MC, but those guys are mostly twats.
    [​IMG] For truthiness and use of the word twat.

7. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Cheers, mates! That's three aussie posts in a row [​IMG]

Yeh, I thought about posting in MC, but those guys are mostly twats and I figured TaT is more of a SWD brand, so decided to stay here.

I think you would have had good reviews in MC. I like the fit.

8. Gravitas

Gravitas Well-Known Member

Your imagination has darn gone and fucked you in your fat pimply ass again, you just don't learn homey. This looks great and much more wearable than the SoCal's styled by Stevie Wonder for Obi Wan Kenobi ensembles of late.

+infinity.

I think that the leggings would look better (on Flame) if they were long and bunched up instead of being cut short like that. I feel like the bottom half lacks texture and it makes him look a bit short. Looks fine to me as is.

But yeah, I don't get the love for SoCal's current style. If not for the labels, he'd get no praise. It seems so ironic that a board so focused on looking good at minimal cost would fap fap fap over the gaudy spending he represents.

For examples of RO et al done properly please see StyleZeitgeist.

9. Mr. Moo

Moo - I'd prefer that outfit more without such an awkward cuff (hem your jeans!), but it's not bad by any means.
    How it that an awkard cuff? The single thin cuff is awesome.
    A thicker cuff would compliment the thicker midriff, "serious".
    dunno, cuff looks fine to me, although larger would be better as Rye says. I cuff my jeans so I am biased.
    Thanks guys. [​IMG] So what's the consensus? I am a jean newbie, really, as these GAP 1969 Authentics are my only raw jean (and the only jean I wear now). They came "pre-cuffed" and the length worked perfectly, so I just kept them like that. I don't really want a much larger (say 2") cuff. Should I re-cuff? Also, the jeans have a tag inside and I think it says something like "rinsed selvage" or something like that. I've worn the jeans for about 3 months with no washes - should I wash them now? Will I get any fades? I know these aren't truly raw/unwashed jeans like most on the forum, but will they still get fades?

10. JustinW

JustinW Well-Known Member

I'd go with the larger cuff, personally. Oh, and I'm a big fan of cricket and cricket jumpers, so big props on that! [​IMG]

11. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

But yeah, I don't get the love for SoCal's current style. If not for the labels, he'd get no praise. It seems so ironic that a board so focused on looking good at minimal cost would fap fap fap over the gaudy spending he represents.

socal gets praise not because people like what he wears, but because he is super comfortable in what he wears and doesn't give a fuck

12. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

socal gets praise not because people like what he wears, but because he is super comfortable in what he wears and doesn't give a fuck
    KittonBrioni, Super Bobo, countless noobs, etc. etc. etc.

That argument is bush league.

13. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

then i don't know. is it the adorable face maybe??

14. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

For examples of RO et al done properly please see StyleZeitgeist.

See if I ever take you out for pan-Asian food on your birthday again!

15. Mr. Moo

I'd go with the larger cuff, personally. Oh, and I'm a big fan of cricket and cricket jumpers, so big props on that! [​IMG]

Thanks Justin.

16. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

KittonBrioni, Super Bobo, countless noobs, etc. etc. etc.

That argument is bush league.

I think that the "don't give a fuck" argument is stupid. If you don't give a fuck, you end up looking like my dad. Or an engineer. Or your local Best Buy manager. Everyone who seems stylish cares.

I dunno so much about the others, but I like SoCal's stuff mainly because he seems to be having fun with fashion. I think that when you look at "Stylish people", you automatically differentiate that group into 2 subgroups. The first is comprised of people like Steve McQueen - he is really comfortable with a particular style. He has a very well formed self image. I'm like this - I've worn pretty much the same thing for over a decade now (but am much less cool than Steve McQueen was). Rye is like this. He sometimes comes up with outlandish stuff, but mainly, he is very comfortable with a particular set of silhouettes, color combinations, etc... Saucemaster was an extreme example of this. Actually, pretty much every straight guy I know who comes off stylish is in this group.

The second group are guys like Justin. They like to play. I don't think that he pulls everything off, and I'm pretty sure that he knows this too, but he has fun pushing his boundaries and trying (really) different things. Me, I don't feel comfortable doing this, and it shows when I try. But there's no need to hate.

17. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

Wait, I just got compared to KitonBrioni?

18. quevola

quevola Well-Known Member

Wait, I just got compared to KitonBrioni?

Yep - you both have major "don't give a fuck" attitude.[​IMG]

19. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Yep - you both have major "don't give a fuck" attitude.[​IMG]
    Respect.

20. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

I definitly care though, but not necessarily about the general SF opinion...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.