1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

They don't have the Stacey Kent version up on youtube which I like much better than the original.
    Did you get my pm about Julie London?

2. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Well-Known Member

I was just going to look back and see what her name was again. I will check her out right now. Stacey Kent's only stop in the States is Birdland in June. That would be pretty awesome to see.

3. XenoX101

XenoX101 Well-Known Member

Here I am being minimalistic. [​IMG]
    Holy shit, just wow, I wish I could look a TENTH that good in such simplicity, that sillouette is amazing.

4. davo10375

davo10375 Well-Known Member

LK looks good though i could never rock man heels

dibabadada or whatever, looks nice and relaxed and like a pretty relaxed (and one i can relate to) way of wearin ann D.

5. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The good stuff! perfect combination of pieces, and a nice color selection. Only thing id change are the slightly too long sleeves on the bedford. Probably one of my favourite shoreman fits.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I like the way the cuban heels balance the coat silhouette. I also dig the straighter leg trouser that isnt too tapered. Usually I see cubans worn with really tapered trews but I think the slight kickout that a straight leg gives actually look a bit more in synch with that kinda heel.

Shore looks good too, but that jacket/sweater thing is making me feel warm and itchy

7. APK

APK Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks good, but the sleeves are too long. You're running the risk of looking like the kid brother wearing his older brother's hand-me-down.

8. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I like the way the cuban heels balance the coat silhouette. I also dig the straighter leg trouser that isnt too tapered. Usually I see cubans worn with really tapered trews but I think the slight kickout that a straight leg gives actually look a bit more in synch with that kinda heel.

Shore looks good too, but that jacket/sweater thing is making me feel warm and itchy

Yea, that pic has got me thinking that I could use a pair of cuban heeled boots, which probably would look ridiculous on me and would never be worn. Still, I got the itch.

9. Jekyll

Jekyll Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Are harringtons supposed to be really short? I got one yesterday and it comes to about my waist like this, but if I bend over or raise my arms or anything like that it rides way up my back.[​IMG] Also, I have a pinned thread. I'm e-famous.[​IMG]

10. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Thanks dudes.

The good stuff! perfect combination of pieces, and a nice color selection. Only thing id change are the slightly too long sleeves on the bedford. Probably one of my favourite shoreman fits.

Looks good, but the sleeves are too long. You're running the risk of looking like the kid brother wearing his older brother's hand-me-down.

The sleeves are indeed a little long. Other bedford club members vox and AlanC seemed to address this by rolling the sleeves; I am not a fan of this on me. Also my sleeves always often look long because of my tiny carny hands. When I'm not posing for WAYWT they don't seem so long, but you certainly won't see any sleeve cuff.

It's not itchy--soft as snow but warm inside. Wind chills in the single digits this morning (cold for DC). I needed an overcoat. Sposed to be 60 this weekend, though. Damn Smarch weather.

Robbie looks good, if blurry; berlin report is wearing a nice shirt. That's Duffer?

11. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

Thanks dudes.
    Also my sleeves always often look long because of my tiny carny hands. When I'm not posing for WAYWT they don't seem so long, but you certainly won't see any sleeve cuff.

Thats a scary mental image! What are the pants btw?

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Just J crew. Shirt, too--has the mysterious third collar button on the back! Pocket square is from Howard Yount.

13. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

xenox get out

(adding it for this thread)

I like the jacket shoreman and I think that the fit is much more flattering than your usual stuff. you should probably get some slimmer khakis though (espeically in the thigh) and I'd lose the pocket square

14. berlin report

berlin report Well-Known Member

Shore, yes the shirt's Duffer.

15. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

[​IMG] MMM McQ MMM Bottega Veneta
    Awww hellssss yea. Nice work, mang. Love dem pants

16. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

^I really like the bottega shoes and MMM pants, but the overall fit is 'meh.'

1 person likes this.
  17. warlok1965

warlok1965 Well-Known Member

Awww hellssss yea. Nice work, mang. Love dem pants
    Thanks dood [​IMG]
    ^I really like the bottega shoes and MMM pants, but the overall fit is 'meh.'
    You too sweetie [​IMG]

18. GoSurface

You too sweetie [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really liked your last fit though, with the book tuck. Now I feel like I'm backpedaling. Time to bounce.

*ZIIiiiiiiiip*

19. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Yea, there's nothing groundbreaking about it but i really love those shoes and pants. Simple, wearable, but with a slight twist in the pants (sounds kinda ghey now that i think about it [​IMG] )

20. GoSurface

Yea, there's nothing groundbreaking about it but i really love those shoes and pants. Simple, wearable, but with a slight twist in the pants (sounds kinda ghey now that i think about it [​IMG] )

Sad face co-sign: [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.