1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pushkin

Pushkin Well-Known Member

Would it help if I told you I was a mid-30s prof? [​IMG] Maybe I should try them with an oxford and sweater...

I think they look phenomenal and fit the aesthetic you're going for very well. What are the shoes btw?

2. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

I dig the frames, Z. Then again, I wear some very similar clear plastic frames from Anglo American.

My understanding is that clear frames came into being in the 30s due to the cheaper cost of not coloring the plastic. A lot of people down through the years have gone with them. LBJ. Wes Anderson. They're a good look on you, fit your face and aesthetic very well, I think.

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

you get the jeans yet?

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Zissou, I think the glasses look excellent.

5. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Cheers, guys. Pushkin- shoes are Timberland Boot Co. The distressing was a little comical at first, but the natural leather is darkening and the contrast is getting less obvious. Robert- these are a very light, milky tan, which I think goes pretty well with my complexion. I really need something other than the typical wire rims. I did, jet. They're pretty crazy. Fit pics sometime this week. Thanks, Moo

6. barims

barims Well-Known Member

Last time I saw someone wearing red socks a colleague commented that wearing red socks means you got lucky the night before, haven't heard it elsewhere though.

Terrific - I'm 24 hours off trend

7. ataru

ataru Well-Known Member

zissou- IMO those frames are working for you

8. cocostella

cocostella Well-Known Member

They didn't have plastic frames during the gold rush.
    Classic!

9. Joe E Taleo

Joe E Taleo Well-Known Member

So far, so good.
    [​IMG]
    (L-R):
    michaeljkrell
    mauro
    robbie
    whodini
    xchen

Mauro is rocking it.

10. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Started college again yesterday. [​IMG] Glasses: persol Sweater: Ralph lauren Polo: Ralph Lauren Jeans: Raf simons Shoes: Paul smith Bag: Bally Belt: Maison Martin Margiela suede Watch: Rolex date just [​IMG] Glasses: persol Sweater: No name Italian maker Polo: Ralph Lauren Jeans: Dior Shoes: Paul Smith Red ear collection Bag: Bally Belt: Ralph Lauren purple label crocodile Watch: Rolex date just

11. Davidko19

Davidko19 Well-Known Member

12. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

zissou I don't think you should be wearing glasses. late 1800s merchant marines either had good eyesite or drowned.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

I think the glasses don't look bad, they're just not the right color, they're too close to your complexion. A bigger classic style would probably suit you better though.

14. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

zissou i think the frames really suit you- in fact the whole outfit is great.
    i like the watch, is it an omega? i think its just the way you're standing but it kind of looks like you're wearing it over your shirt cuff, agnelli-style

15. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

Started college again yesterday.

[​IMG]

Normally I don't like black with orange, but this is okay. Color and fit prevents you from going too far into prep territory. Judging by the doorframe, you're seven feet tall, so I don't know if I'd wear jeans that emphasize your hight/skinniness like that.

I think the glasses don't look bad, they're just not the right color, they're too close to your complexion. A bigger classic style would probably suit you better though.

As a bald white guy, I'd say he has to get glasses that are transparent close to the color of his complexion. It always looks awkward when the frames of glasses are by far the darkest thing on a person's head.

16. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

^Indeed, tagutcow. Thanks, robinson. The watch is actually a POS Fossil, although once I sell my house next year, my first purchase will be a vintage Omega Seamaster 'Jedi' [​IMG] I am wearing it over a cuff (tattoo). impolyt- believe me, I've tried other colors and they all stand out like a sore thumb. Maybe if I had hair it would be easier [​IMG] Teger- ha ha. I wouldn't mind wearing contacts, but the air is much too dry here. Thanks, ataru

17. bluemagic

bluemagic Well-Known Member

I would also like to vote in favor of those glasses.

18. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

As a bald white guy, I'd say he has to get glasses that are transparent close to the color of his complexion. It always looks awkward when the frames of glasses are by far the darkest thing on a person's head.

Moby, Michael Stipe during the mid 90's, and that one asshole from Live made the bald white guy with dark framed glasses thing work ok.

19. erzu

erzu Well-Known Member

zissou, those frames look fantastic on you. you could also try some vintage tart's but they're getting quite expensive (similar aesthetics as your op emerson). and your fit was excellent btw.

20. mulansauce

mulansauce Well-Known Member

Ed Kowalczyk wears glasses?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.