1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Vashins shirt also is down all the way while with mine you can clearly see at the bottom that it is not, mine has around another inch to hang down if it wasn't sitting on my waist.
    Your fit is shit, you post here for criticism, accept that the rest of the world thinks you look like a confused hipster or go away.

2. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

Lots of epic wins here: shoreman whodini dragonxking vashin zissou all looking good IMO.

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

You forgot the caption-- "Leaving our mark on NYC"
    Shoreman's "hilarious" idea for a waywn:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

not sure about the cut of those pants shore... look big up top with a fairly steep taper, do not like

who i like your jacket

They're a lil tapered but I tightrolled them.

Shore and who, really nice! Shore, are those vintage or eg fatigue pants? Looks great either way.

Thanks, EG.

4. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Well-Known Member

Your fit is shit, you post here for criticism, accept that the rest of the world thinks you look like a confused hipster or go away.
    At this point you need to quit acting like a dick, I was comparing pictures to learn.

5. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Well-Known Member

6. connor

connor Well-Known Member

killswitch let this one go and just do better next pic. live and learn hombre, live and learn

ddml lookin chill as ever

7. altemp

altemp Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but you look like a sex offender.

Edit: Fit is good though.

8. KitAkira

At this point you need to quit acting like a dick, I was comparing pictures to learn.
    Aww, did I hurt your feelings? Sad, you come here for opinions on your fit, deal with the fact that most people think it's shit. You're comparing the fit of a varsity with that of a cardigan. They are in no way the same thing nor should they fit the same.
    More of the angle of the shot, the Cardigan reaches my waist and the shirt goes about an inch or so past it if it doesn't sit on the waist like it is in that photo. Ok uhh, when I don't plan on layering underneath a piece (its a very lightweight Cardigan), I want it to be relatively skin tight and not loose at all. That also isn't the sleeve length, if I pull it all the way down it normally reaches a little past my wrist. Apparently there is something wrong with pushing up my sleeves to my elbows.
    If the shirt doesn't normally fit like that, you probably should have fixed it before taking the fit pic. Same thing with the sleeve length, it's fucked up in that fit. I don't care if it'll could be better, in tat fit it looks like shit and that's what's being critiqued. And there's no way you could layer under that cardigan without it looking terrible, it's too tight for that unless you wear some super thin vest to round out the hipster uniform. DDML, something about that shirt-jacket is really weird looking to me. The left side is so clean ad rather nice whereas the right side is wrinkled and has all those pockets, looks weird

9. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

You forgot the caption-- "Leaving our mark on NYC"
    That's why they pay you those big editor-in-chief bucks.

10. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but you look like a sex offender. Edit: Fit is good though.
    You wylin.

11. snake

snake Well-Known Member

Hella hipster, Kill_switch. Wayfarers and haircut don't help either. Fit on cardi makes it look like a wimminz.

12. dls6128

dls6128 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any tips for getting more mileage out of my shitty p&s? (Exilim z75). I know I should take my pictures in natural light, but even if I do they come out looking blurry and lame. [​IMG] m+o / aa / uniqlo / lands end

13. Kill_switch

[​IMG]
    One last picture before I try again some other day, I guess it was a bad idea to pick the Cardigan out of my selling pile lol.

14. KitAkira

Does anyone have any tips for getting more mileage out of my shitty p&s? (Exilim z75). I know I should take my pictures in natural light, but even if I do they come out looking blurry and lame. [​IMG] m+o / aa / uniqlo / lands end
    Making cheap look good (no hate)

15. Kent Money

Kent Money Well-Known Member

you may be compressing the photo too much.

good lighting is essential (as you said), and a good height to the camera.

I think the graininess is coming from the fact that the photo looks to be taken in really low light conditions. Your camera may have boosted the ISO to compensate.

16. Listi

Listi Well-Known Member

http://wrack.smugmug.com/Fashion/James-Stuff/DSC0046/770148851_bsuiZ-L.jpg was going to do some curry hotpot but my asshole friend doesn't like curry or hotpot wtf.[/I]
    How can you not like curry or hotpot... That sounds impossible. Fit is great btw. [QUOTE]
    Originally Posted by [B]Kill_switch[/B] [URL='http://69.16.239.77/~styleforumadmin/styleforumfinal/showthread.php?s=6c73daa2ec5a07dcca88d940ac9d5529&p=2875070#post2875070'][IMG]http://69.16.239.77/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/URL] [/QUOTE]
    http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs216.snc3/22370_1299117590283_1000697289_30951810_6492252_n.jpg[/I]
    I sure hope you're a hipster. Because if you're not a lot of people are going to want their money back. Also your hair is weird.

17. erzu

erzu Well-Known Member

finally, nice fit on the jeans. i think you may have found a look that suits you. don't stray too far away from it.

ps awaiting caged match with jet

18. Kent Money

Kent Money Well-Known Member

Thanks ezru. Yes, i had the realization that my Flatheads were just downright too tight.

These MWoC are slim, but I think i've found a good compromise between slim and skin-tight. And as the stacks start to settle I think the upper-lower-leg will get some volume and the proportions will be spot on.

19. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but you look like a sex offender. Edit: Fit is good though.
    what is wrong with you? would you say that to someone in real life? i seriously doubt it. that is obnoxious and depressing. pm incoming

20. Kill_switch

rofl he was joking, see the little girl on her hands and knees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.