• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor

Reaction score
^^ Extremely easy. All he has to do is run in the side seams to the desired fit.

jaac

Reaction score
Need to find something to wear to a "cocktail dress" party for tomorrow. I have roughly 2 hours to shop for this in the city tomorrow. Some simple look idea's/pics would be appreciated.

dst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
^^ Extremely easy. All he has to do is run in the side seams to the desired fit.

thanks for this. Will check it out tomorrow!

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a pair of wingtips similar to PS Starrs sans a wallet ******?

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone compare the fit of Persol 649s to any Paul Smith sunglasses? I have abig melon and would like to get some Paul Smith sunglasses, but I'd have to order them.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by v3l
Anyone seen this jacket in the wild? From Gap, apparently

jfyn47.jpg

Is this it?

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
Does the AA cardigan size similar to their 2001 shirt? Does it shrink the same or more than the 2001 shirt too?
It fits about the same, but I would recommend avoiding it. After two or three washes, the waistband on mine has warped so that it flares out strangely and is pretty much unwearable. EDIT: After trying it on again, I'll say I exaggerated a little. Also, it may fit a bit bigger. But I still don't recommend it.
Originally Posted by wheelsx45
hey are these the uniqlo T-000's or something else? http://store.uniqlo.com/jp/CSaGoods/178659-33
Looks like it to me. I have two of them. Compare: http://www.uniqlo.co.uk/catalogue/me...inny-fit-jeans

theshin2007

Reaction score
So I want to buy a Spiewak Harris Wool coat online. Im just worried that the size wont fit. The measurements for the coat are:
Shoulder to shoulder: 18.5"
Pit to pit: 21"
Length (back collar to bottom): 33"
Sleeve length (shoulder to end): 25"

I am 5' 5" 155lbs, with an athletic build. My suit coat is 40s, which I had the sleeves shortened and slightly taken in at the waist. Thanks for the input everyone.

Doctor

Reaction score
^^ That is pretty much perfect for someone who wears a sz40 suitcoat. Maybe a bit long for you, but that's a given I think. I measured a size 40 the other day and that's how big it was except pit to pit was 21.5" and the sleeves 27" (it was a 40L). Otherwise identical.

It stikes me that you must have a very athletic build to take a 40 @ 5'5"? Impressive.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
^^ That is pretty much perfect for someone who wears a sz40 suitcoat. Maybe a bit long for you, but that's a given I think. I measured a size 40 the other day and that's how big it was except pit to pit was 21.5" and the sleeves 27" (it was a 40L). Otherwise identical.

It stikes me that you must have a very athletic build to take a 40 @ 5'5"? Impressive.

Very athletic...or very fat
wink.gif

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i picked up some cheap knit ties from uniqlo when i was in japan, they're squared and relatively skinny, what sort of knot would be best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads