1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dnk024

dnk024 Well-Known Member

trying to decide between buying a pair of F380s and IH634S..anyone have any preferences?

2. MiniW

MiniW Well-Known Member

What do you guys think about this $370 jacket from apolis activism?

The only reason why I'm a little unsure is because I've never bought anything in olive green.

Olive green is a pretty solid color, it's used by the military so there's nothing tacky about it. I'm not sure of the quality but for $370 I would make sure it fits or that you can return it since it is a lot for a bomber jacket IMO.

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the Uniqlo in NY still has the deal with jeans where you get two for the price of one?

4. gkl

gkl Well-Known Member

It may be a moot point - it's about the shape of your head, face, haircut etc. Ain't it?
    Of course it is. It's just that I've seen these glasses only in the standard shop perspective.

5. sfpasssf

sfpasssf Member

What's this kind of finish called on these leather boots? Distressed? Matte?

And what's the best way to protect/care for this leather? I use cream or Obenauf's on my other shoes but they have more conventional leather.

[​IMG]

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What do you guys think about this $370 jacket from apolis activism?

The only reason why I'm a little unsure is because I've never bought anything in olive green.

I think thats a horribly unstylish and uninteresting jacket for 370$. Looks like something by H&M Divided.

7. robertorex

robertorex Well-Known Member

I think thats a horribly unstylish and uninteresting jacket for 370$. Looks like something by H&M Divided.

+1. I feel like I've seen that jacket there a hundred times before.

8. robertorex

Does anyone know if the Uniqlo in NY still has the deal with jeans where you get two for the price of one?

Friend of mine was just there last week, he was raving about how he picked up selvage for $80. I didn't want to say wtf last time I was there dem jawnz was moving for $40

9. robertorex

trying to decide between buying a pair of F380s and IH634S..anyone have any preferences?

I prefer the 634s, the heavy but breathable denim is very interesting if you've never owned such a pair before. Also the backpockets on the F380 kind of turn me off (stitching and shape)

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Friend of mine was just there last week, he was raving about how he picked up selvage for $80. I didn't want to say wtf last time I was there dem jawnz was moving for $40

So I'll take that as the sale ended?

11. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Well-Known Member

I prefer the 634s, the heavy but breathable denim is very interesting if you've never owned such a pair before. Also the backpockets on the F380 kind of turn me off (stitching and shape)

Fair points; if he wants sweet fading results faster, though, consider FH.

12. Kuro

Kuro Well-Known Member

What is the best store (if any) for Japanese denim brands in Manhattan? Thanks.

13. onion

onion Well-Known Member

What is the best store (if any) for Japanese denim brands in Manhattan? Thanks.

You can't go wrong with Blue in Green.

14. Kuro

Kuro Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with Blue in Green.

and they have the brand I was looking for. Thanks.

15. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Well-Known Member

Looking for the Adidas Vintage Rod Lavars in all white. Anyone have a link to them? Can't seem to find them online.

16. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find pictures of faded black KMW 1980s or black rocker... any idea?

Also pics of Atelier La Durance faded black jeans

17. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Saved me almost 400 bucks. [​IMG]

18. andychen

andychen Well-Known Member

For those who wear slim fit tees or polos, do you have to have muscular build to look good?

I got some size S slim fit RLPL polo shirts. I have 35" chest and they fit just about right, not much extra room, but not too tight, but I feel like they make me look too skinny and little. I don't have much muscle but I have wide shoulder, and I look all right with my other regular fit polos, should I return these slim fit RLPL polos?

Thanks

19. pokey07

pokey07 Well-Known Member

Guys, kind of a long shot, but does anyone know where I can find these Onitsuka Tiger Ultimate 81's in this color scheme?

[​IMG]

They're sold out on Zappos in my size (10 or 10.5 are fine).

20. HgaleK

HgaleK Well-Known Member

For those who wear slim fit tees or polos, do you have to have muscular build to look good?

I got some size S slim fit RLPL polo shirts. I have 35" chest and they fit just about right, not much extra room, but not too tight, but I feel like they make me look too skinny and little. I don't have much muscle but I have wide shoulder, and I look all right with my other regular fit polos, should I return these slim fit RLPL polos?

Thanks

If you're really skinny, the extra room helps to keep you from looking emaciated. A bit of size helps fill out a tight polo. That's beside the point though. If you don't like the way you look in a shirt, it probably ought to be returned... or you could eat more and lift a little.

[​IMG]
    Now then, time for a noob question- how dark of a belt could I get away with, with a pair of shoes colored similarly to that pair?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.