• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

selbsttatig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
im pretty sure this has been answered many times over:

after wearing raw denim and it is time for its first wash/soak/whatever,

what do i do? normal hand wash with soap then flat dry? what is a 'soak' consist of? thanks.

also, how would you rank the quality of KMW, APC, iron heart, sugarcane, and nudie? what would be the order ? thanks

When I soaked my Flat Head's I just ran a tub of really hot water and put them in there for about 4 hours. I took them out and just let them air dry. They were still a bit too loose for me so I just did the same thing again.

I was soaking just for shrinkage though.

gmku

Reaction score
I soak mostly to preserve the color and prevent shrinkage.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
well, these are the brands i am most curious about in terms of quality and exclusivity:
kmw, iron heart, samurai, 5ep, 45rpm, sugarcane, nudie

nudie is by far the worst quality of the batch... the rest are quite good qualitywise

gmku

Reaction score
Who here buys/wears hats? I'm thinking of getting some kind of Stetson, the less Western and more Safari looking ones.

gmku

Reaction score
Is Zappos good for anything but shoes? Any good jeans the you can recommend there?

selbsttatig

Reaction score
The only stuff I've ever looked at on Zappo's are the shoes so I'm not sure. I really doubt they have any jeans that are liked by people here though.

Tuff Ghost

Reaction score
Where's a good place to get an army parka like this:

armycoatms3.jpg

?

RanMan

Reaction score
^
This is probably way obvious, but how do you fellas link up sale items so that the title of the original sales post (not it's url) becomes the actual link?

j mentioned something in the BS forum about adding a link to your signature, but I'm missing something here. Thanks!

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RanMan

Reaction score
(url=www.salethreadurl.com)For Sale.... (url). Use [ brackets instead of (.
Thanks Homme. Hmm - replacing [ for ( doesn't seem to help. I still come up with an URL (http:// ect) instead of an underlined/linked title of post. Don't know code, so sorry for the lack of proper terminology.

Mauby

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm brand new here. I've read some of the posts here every now and then the last few months and here's my first question. (I actually registered so I can ask this but plan to start participating in the forums in general.)

I'm looking for opinions on the best plain white tee shirt to wear with jeans when going out. Maybe it's my inner-James Dean but I love this look in the summer. Most white tee's I get are definitely undershirts. My favorites are Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren. However, these are too thin to go out in. I have a couple Hanes Beefy-T's but they have a big squarish cut, and I'm definitely more lean-athletic. I've heard that cashmere T's are the best, but I haven't seen any selling and the ones I have seen are $500+. ($500 for a plain white tee? Not in this lifetime for me.) Any constructive feedback would be appreciated. I hope this is not a repeat thread, thanks.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy ****, you must be joking.....troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads