1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. migo

migo Well-Known Member

2. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

^^^
    Next to nothing... They're sanforized so what, 1-3% max?

3. bure

bure Well-Known Member

Hey, anyone know where I could find a Quick Release Belt like the following??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This particular one is a Ludlow quick-release. And it was from http://www.dubarrycanada.ca
    however they don't seem to carry it on their website anymore.

I know that Engineered Garments used to have one, but I can't find it anywhere.

Ideas?

4. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

5. bure

bure Well-Known Member

^ forum member unlucky makes custom belt w/ quick release buckle option:
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...33#post1319033

awesome, that was just what i needed and fast too...

already sent out an email order [​IMG]

thanks

6. 8bpc

8bpc Well-Known Member

7. 854ca

854ca Well-Known Member

Where can i find a warm, fitted/slim flannel shirt for under 100 dollars? I've heard cheap monday recommended, but I don't know where I can find it online. Does ll bean/filson/carhartt have anything that won't be boxy/roomy? Same question goes for Henleys. Thanks

8. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

I asked this a while ago, and I didn't get an answer, so I'm giving it another shot. I have a jacket that fits pretty well, but the sleeves are huge and I'd like to take them to a tailor to slim them up. Is this a simple and straightforward process and how much does this kind of thing run for?

9. djs488

djs488 Well-Known Member

Where can i find a warm, fitted/slim flannel shirt for under 100 dollars? I've heard cheap monday recommended, but I don't know where I can find it online. Does ll bean/filson/carhartt have anything that won't be boxy/roomy? Same question goes for Henleys. Thanks

j. crew has some nice flannel shirts for under 100 that are relatively slim fitting. sale going on now too, i believe.

10. whodini

I asked this a while ago, and I didn't get an answer, so I'm giving it another shot. I have a jacket that fits pretty well, but the sleeves are huge and I'd like to take them to a tailor to slim them up. Is this a simple and straightforward process and how much does this kind of thing run for?
    You could try taking it to a tailor who I'm sure would be more than happy to answer this question. Unlike a shirt, a jacket is going to have any number of layers of fabric that a tailor will have to go through; I also wonder if or how much work would need to be done to the arm holes.

11. Synrax

Synrax Well-Known Member

I placed an online order with Jantzen back on 9/26.

Is there no confirmation number or email verifying the order went through?
    Does Jantzen not respond to emails?
    Is there a better or safer way to order with them?

I realize their order form is not secure and sloppy but I took a gamble to see how their shirts will turn out.

12. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

You should take a look at Men's Clothing to see how the Jantzen experience works, hehe.

13. Synrax

Synrax Well-Known Member

Haha yeah I've read upon the "Jantzen experience" in MC but I wanted verification this lack of response and no order confirmation is normal.

My favorite thread is VMan's critique my Jantzen shirt post.

14. KhouriC

KhouriC Well-Known Member

is a charcoal grey suit suitable to wear to a wake, i haven't been to a wake/funeral since i was really young and am curious to know what the clothing etiquette should be

according to gq online pecking order is black suit followed by grey then dark navy blue with solid white shirt and black tie. sounds reasonable right?

15. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

^ Yes, charcoal is a good alternative to black at funerals. Don't say aloud here that you follow GQ's advice again thou, less you wanna get reamed.

16. KhouriC

KhouriC Well-Known Member

i just googled it lastnight and gq just happened to be one of the first hits

thanks for the response

17. 854ca

854ca Well-Known Member

j. crew has some nice flannel shirts for under 100 that are relatively slim fitting. sale going on now too, i believe.

Any idea how warm they are? They say lightweight so I'm a bit skeptical. I'm kind of leaning towards LL Bean, but am afraid they will be super boxy [​IMG]

18. TJS1589

TJS1589 Well-Known Member

These shoes with jeans? Ive seen many like chucks, but I was just gonna try and find something besides that. And also for those who said size down 1 on nudies.. Do you guys not like to use the pockets on jeans or does it eventually stretch out so the pockets are useful? Because I can barely put my hands in mine. http://www.zappos.com/n/multi_view.c...f=multi-button

19. whodini

How long have you have worn your jeans for? Which model is it? If you're wearing sized down Grim Tims for five minutes then yeah, you might have trouble with the pocket. If you're talking about a pair of AJ's that haven't stretched out after a month of wear then I'd be considered (but I doubt it).

20. TJS1589

TJS1589 Well-Known Member

regular ralfs. maybe a week of everyday wear. So it Just takes more wear then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.