1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsquare

lsquare Well-Known Member

Or hem it 1" longer than you want it to end up. But keep in mind not only will it shrink from washing, the knees crinkling up will take up a good bit of the length as well.

Did you hemmed yours? Should I just cuff it for about 6 months or so and then hem it?

2. j

j Well-Known Member

I never hemmed mine. I cuffed them for a while, then uncuffed, I cut the outseam about 1" for a while so they would sit down on shoes, but recently I sewed it back up. Now that they've been washed a few times they are softer and look better long IMO. Frankly, I just don't care to mess with them, they look good as is. But I take a 34-35" inseam in skinny jeans anyway, so YMMV.

3. thebachellor

thebachellor Active Member

I'm trying to find a leather jacket but I don't quite know the name of the style...

I want the same style in both black and dark brown colorways.

Basically a style like this:

[​IMG]

...but in leather.

Mainly the features that are necessary are the pockets and the general style.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

4. j

j Well-Known Member

What's your budget?

5. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Does anyone know anything about Adam + Eve button ups ? Quality and fit ?
    I have not seen any of their button ups, but I do have a couple of their T's and a henley which I've enjoyed quite a bit. The construction is very good as far as the basics go, and it feels like the cotton has even gotten softer over the few months that I've had them. I'm a size 3 on all of them, which I think is about a medium, and they fit fairly slim on me after they shrunk.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I'm trying to find a leather jacket but I don't quite know the name of the style...

I want the same style in both black and dark brown colorways.

Basically a style like this:

...but in leather.

Mainly the features that are necessary are the pockets and the general style.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

This is an M65. Everyone and their mom makes a version, from The GAP to Nom de Guerre, usually in cotton or wool. I don't know who makes a leather version for SS or FW07, but I have seen in previously done by Miu Miu. In any case, this will not be cheap.

7. op2

op2 Well-Known Member

"Everyone and their mom makes a version..."
    Zing.
    But sometimes the imitations are better looking than the "investments" - at least what I have seen in those particular trends.

8. Cheerful_Robot

Cheerful_Robot Member

I'm looking to buy my first pair of nice dry denim. I have (sort of) thick thighs and (sort of) a bigger butt, which tapered jeans just make all the more obvious. So I guess I'm looking for a straight fit.

I'd also like it to fade well and not be so weak that it rips at the crotch.

Thanks!

9. mram65

mram65 Well-Known Member

Although not premium denim (I AM buying a pair of APCs-thanks to all for your great advice), I wanted to ask about a particular sytle of Calvin Klein jeans.

Have been noticing them lately...they're called either "classic" or "original", and they are styled just like the original "Calvin Klein Designer Jeans" from the '70's....you know, had that funky straight line and loop on the back pockets, with a sewn on Calvin Klein label, in white w/red lettering.

Think these would be cool/retro, but can't find them anywhere. Called a local Calvin Klein outlet, and they're not stocking them.....have checked all the usual department stores, and ebay, too.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Mark

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Although not premium denim (I AM buying a pair of APCs-thanks to all for your great advice), I wanted to ask about a particular sytle of Calvin Klein jeans.

Have been noticing them lately...they're called either "classic" or "original", and they are styled just like the original "Calvin Klein Designer Jeans" from the '70's....you know, had that funky straight line and loop on the back pockets, with a sewn on Calvin Klein label, in white w/red lettering.

Think these would be cool/retro, but can't find them anywhere. Called a local Calvin Klein outlet, and they're not stocking them.....have checked all the usual department stores, and ebay, too.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Mark

The "loop" is actually called the "Omega" for FWIW. I've seen these at various discount stores, as well as at a Macy's in NorCal about a year ago.

11. blank

blank Well-Known Member

My Seize sur Vingt and Band of Outsiders shirts were just laundered (in the wash) instead of dry cleaned. They're super wrinkled and now I have to get them pressed. But I never wanted this to happen in the first place. Have I damaged the shirts at all? If anything, it'll force me to wear the shirts a little more casually, but I sure hope that I didn't.

12. j

j Well-Known Member

My Seize sur Vingt and Band of Outsiders shirts were just laundered (in the wash) instead of dry cleaned. They're super wrinkled and now I have to get them pressed. But I never wanted this to happen in the first place. Have I damaged the shirts at all? If anything, it'll force me to wear the shirts a little more casually, but I sure hope that I didn't.
    Mist them down with water until they are reasonably damp all over, then roll each one up and let it sit for 10-15 minutes for the water to get all through the fibers, then iron them. They should be fine.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Anyone know where i can find the APC denim color "faded black"? It's a grey jean that i think was an option on the Cure fit. I haven't been able to find it online. Thanks.

14. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Well-Known Member

Anyone know where i can find the APC denim color "faded black"? It's a grey jean that i think was an option on the Cure fit. I haven't been able to find it online. Thanks.

Ive been searching for grey apc's today myself. I may stop by the store this week sometime, I'll let you know if I find anything.

15. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

i believe they are not made anymore. If you're talking about the streaky grey ones? Those are the bleached black cures. They're really nice jeans.

16. a tailor

a tailor Well-Known Member

I'll give that a try [​IMG] I was considering contrasting orange/tan stitching to match, but going with a grey-blue colour would be something I likely wouldn't regret afterwards.

I was considering going to a tailor, but there's something embarassing/unethical about asking them to sew up a busted crotch on a pair of unwashed jeans. [​IMG]

nothing unethical about it.
    just have him cut out the worn part and replace it
    with fresh denim.

17. j

j Well-Known Member

nothing unethical about it.
    just have him cut out the worn part and replace it
    with fresh denim.

Well, wash them first.

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

i believe they are not made anymore. If you're talking about the streaky grey ones? Those are the bleached black cures. They're really nice jeans.

I know. I'm kicking myself for not buying them. Zehero(i think) on sufu had them and they looked fantastic. I didn't have the money then and now that i do i can't find them anywhere.

Thanks a lot hawkeye, hopefully they'll have them there and i can do a phone order.

19. cd1

cd1 Active Member

I know this is the streetwear and denim forum, but this is a small question, so figured id ask it here

what are the differences between a sportcoat and blazer?
    also, what are the differences in occasion for each?(if any)

thank you

20. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I finally found a store which carries STF 501's. I am going to get a pair, and I know i need to size up some but if I am going for 30-30 do i get 31-32 or how do i size them up? Also, If I am wanting to take advantage of their raw properties should I hotsoak them right away or just wait 6 months and give them a hot wash?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.