1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unbelragazzo, Dec 31, 2012.

1. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of is that you will probably look better (taller, leaner) with a black waistcoat.

2. vodwat

vodwat Member

i absolutely agree. i'm pretty average build, but this is all the more motivation for me to get more trim...

3. muscleflex

muscleflex Member

4. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

5. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the wedding. What is your budget? I would not recommend Hugo Boss for shoes. They're basically a fashion brand and don't have the sort of craftsmanship you'd want for decent shoes. In the $300-$350 range, Allen Edmonds are an option. If you can't afford this, you can get Allen Edmonds seconds for less. If you can afford to go up to $500, I'd recommend Crockett & Jones. You will look your best in a pair of oxfords if you're wearing a suit.

1 person likes this.
  6. Veremund

Veremund Well-Known Member

+1

1 person likes this.
  7. muscleflex

muscleflex Member

Thanks for the recommendation. Budget is around £200-£250 ($300-$375) and unfortunately, I'm in the UK..

8. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Well-Known Member

What should my ring-bearer, who will be just shy of 2 and a half, wear to my wedding? I am wearing morning dress, and my groomsmen are wearing mid-grey suits, white shirts, grey and/or navy ties (haven't picked yet) and white linen pocket squares.

The wedding is August 31st, so he'll be wearing short pants. Should he wear a waistcoat, or a jacket? Bow tie or four in hand?

9. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Hahaha, anything you can get him into. And tie that ring to him somehow so he doesn't lose it.

10. ImTheGroom

ImTheGroom Well-Known Member

My mom's going to make it, and he's getting fake rings to carry. :p

11. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Well, I'd imagine people are going to just be cooing about him walking down the aisle, so I really wouldn't sweat it too much. If your mom is making his outfit, just have her make whatever she is comfortable with--I wouldn't go nuts as a) no one will notice really--theyll just be focused OMFGCUTE, and b) it's not like he'll be able to wear it again.

12. RogerC

RogerC Well-Known Member

World of choices. Look at black Oxfords from Pediwear, Meermin, Markowski, etc.

13. Veremund

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  14. Veremund

15. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Well-Known Member

16. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Well-Known Member

17. zeero3

zeero3 Well-Known Member

I have that tie, but not from Kent Wang. I did, however, wear Kent Wang's shepherd check tie at my own wedding. That glen plaid tie from KW would be perfect.

18. mikeharo

mikeharo Well-Known Member

Great thread, thank-you all for participatiing, just spend some time the past few days reading everything. Thank-you all for your advice. My wedding is September 2014 and most of it is planned. I am trying to get a jump on the rest of the details, one of which is relevant here: tuxedo. My fiance and I really like the look of a three piece tuxedo. I am seeking your advice on where to find (purchase) a good 3 piece tux. I am trying to get a list of designers/places together so I can start narrowing the list down to get a decision. At this point, I want a comprehensive list and will narrow down with respect to design and budget later but for a base line I am thinking less than $2k for the tux. That number came from that fact that we originally like a PRL tux at about that price point. I would also take any advice on footwear while we are at it. I appreciate any advice.

19. Veremund

Have you read BlackTieGuide.com ?

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  20. mikeharo

mikeharo Well-Known Member

Yes, I found that site via this thread and spent some time there earlier today. My question was pretty general, apologies for that. Where have other forum members had success with their tuxedos? Are there any places I should avoid (other than the obvious)? Has anyone else done a 3 piece tux and have advice?

Sorry